Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2007, 12:29 PM

Default Re: Brag: My buddy killed a guy who tried to rob his party

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
anyone who is saying they would sleep like a baby after capping this guy is a retard. no the [censored] you wouldn't, unless you're [censored] buffalo bill or somebody like that. STFU you josey wales wannabe mother [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

I truly, honestly don't think I'd feel the slightest shred of regret or remorse. I'm not saying that to sound like a badass - in fact, I'd likely be terrified that his homeboys were going to come after me.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm not saying i would have done any different. i'm saying that you don't sleep well after you watch another human being get their melon splattered two feet from your face, especially if you pulled the trigger, unless you are just one cold-blooded bastard.
Old 07-13-2007, 12:34 PM

NT!

If you've never seen that sort of thing before, yeah it'd shake you up and probably at the very least have your adrenaline pumping for the next few hours. But there's lots of professions in which that's somewhat commonplace.

Personally, I've seen some horrendous accidents, more times than I wish I have seen. So yes, I could kill that bastard and probably sleep pretty well. I'd most likely be most concerned about how the Hell I was going to clean up.
Old 07-13-2007, 12:45 PM

LJ is so gangsta! Respek.
Old 07-13-2007, 12:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
LJ is so gangsta! Respek.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol... not close =), which is why I chose to divulge that if an oversized nerdy white guy can kill an armed assailant with no remorse, I'm sure a lot of other people would too.

Hell, even after he gave me my stupid star, I might even buy NT! a beer if I ever saw him in person. But shooting a criminal who holds a friend of mine hostage would be like pouring a bowl of cereal as far as I'm concerned.
Old 07-13-2007, 01:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you've never seen that sort of thing before, yeah it'd shake you up and probably at the very least have your adrenaline pumping for the next few hours. But there's lots of professions in which that's somewhat commonplace.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, and in those professions it's also pretty common for people to be shaken up the first time it happens. There's a reason almost all municipalities put cops on paid leave every time they shoot someone.

Nobody who has actually shot someone is going to come in this thread and say 'Yeah it was super easy and I slept like a baby.' Maybe someone in the military who had a lot of training or something, but even then, a lot of those guys are shaken up when they first go into action.

It's a hell of a thing, killin a man. You take all he's got, and all he's ever gonna have.
Old 07-13-2007, 01:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, and in those professions it's also pretty common for people to be shaken up the first time it happens. There's a reason almost all municipalities put cops on paid leave every time they shoot someone.

Nobody who has actually shot someone is going to come in this thread and say 'Yeah it was super easy and I slept like a baby.' Maybe someone in the military who had a lot of training or something, but even then, a lot of those guys are shaken up when they first go into action.

It's a hell of a thing, killin a man. You take all he's got, and all he's ever gonna have.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

or you're just not gangsta. I kill a mfer than get a baconator. Dats how crazy I is.
Old 07-13-2007, 01:17 PM

You are absolutely correct. People do get shaken up the first time. The first tramatic injury I saw was a hand amputation. It freaked me out.

A lot of my Marine buddies only have remorse about the kids/teens they had to shoot. To make it perfectly clear, these were kids with AKs charging at them. No, they do not sleep well after those incidents because they knew the kid had to charge them or be killed by insurgents.
Old 07-13-2007, 01:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, well I guess he had it comin'.

We all got it comin', kid.
Old 07-13-2007, 01:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
calling this a brag is a bit depressing.

[/ QUOTE ]
Seriously. While the shooting was justified, the ideal outcome would have been for the robber to drop the gun and go to jail. We don't give the death penalty for armed robbery. Also, shooting people will mess you up, even if they deserved it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe next time it will work out better for the armed robbers/hostage takers.

Oh wait, there won't be a next time.

Not pulling the trigger may have cost his friend his life. There is absolutely no moral blame to be laid on this guy whatsover. He took the action that was most calculated to protect innocent human life.

For those of you that would have just let it happen, I respectfully submit that there is a substantial chance that your armed robber/ hostage taker is not the most stable individual, probably does not have a "heart of gold" and may very well kill you even if you do absolutely everything he says. he is after all, an armed hostage taker.

The only thing that needs to be debated is what kind of beer to drink at the parade we have for his buddy.
Old 07-13-2007, 01:24 PM

LJ, I take it you are an EMT or firefighter or something along those lines? Yeah, I have a buddy who was with the first non-gov team of medics in New Orleans after Katrina. He says going through houses there was one of the most horrifying things he's ever done in his life.

What's crazy is that killing someone almost always produces even more of a reaction than witnessing violence or death, even if it's less gruesome. It's just a tremendous burden, almost no matter what.