Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2007, 01:44 PM

Default biggest pot so far...

so i'm playing 10-25nl at foxwoods last night when i get involved in my biggest pot to date. games is playing pretty big with some guys as deep as $60k and the players are decent compared to how bad most live games tend to play. onto the hand...

i have ~9k to start the hand and open $100 with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] utg+1. i get 3 calls behind me and bb comes along

flop($500-) 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
bb (fairly tight player, his range here is like- flush, overpair, A9, set, 2pr to be betting out 5way) leads for $300.
i call bc it's a live game and of course live donks will overcall with any pair+ [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] or high [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] or whatever else they feel like burning money with at the time.. button calls too.

turn($1400) - K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
bb leads out for $1k (so he pretty much has a lower flush or set here always)
i raise to $3k with ~$5.3k left, button thinks for a while then eventually cold calls the $3k (he has me covered by a few hundo)
it gets back to bb and he says something about gambling and shoves his last ~$1k in on top of the $3k raise, i call and button calls (since we cant raise bc his shove is less than my raise size).

river (of doom [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]) (~$13.4k) - K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
bb practically jumps out of his seat and the whole table realizes he just boated up though no one says it. i tank bc i'm 99% sure button has a lower flush and i know i need to get some $ in a sidepot to get any $ from this hand...i take a minute or so and then finally shove my last ~$4.3k in praying for a call. button sighs and folds his K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] face up. i turn over my AQs and start moving it toward the muck waiting for bb to turn over his triumphant boat and his 99 scoops a nice $13.4k pot.

to make it worse i ask the button if he was calling a shove for my last $4.3k on the river if it had blanked and he said he was...would have been a nice ~$22k pot shipped my way if only the board hadn't paired *sigh*

also lost a 6k pot with AJ vs A7 on a J107 flop to some rich fish who bought in for $60k.

brag/variance- grinded back to even (until the $6k AJ<A7 pot) and only lost $2.8k on the session
Old 05-27-2007, 01:48 PM

Default Re: biggest pot so far...

I was under the impression that Gary Stevenson never loses
Old 05-27-2007, 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i raise to $3k with ~$5.3k left

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 05-27-2007, 01:53 PM

btw tough beat :\
Old 05-27-2007, 02:05 PM

were you playing in the game friday night? i kept comin over to chat frankie flowers up....
Old 05-27-2007, 02:07 PM

bakes, AWESOME.

willie, nah i was there thursday night playing 5-10 with jsnipes, TJ and fduck bc there was no 10-25 running that night, had to take friday off to sleep :/
Old 05-27-2007, 02:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was under the impression that Gary Stevenson never loses

[/ QUOTE ]
that's how it used to be back in the glory days. live poker pros are just so damn good these days, i dont think the games are profitable anymore [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-27-2007, 02:42 PM

That game thursday was fun. I was so wasted until 9am I do not remember any hands once I moved from 2/5 to 5/10. All I know is I took like 3K off the 5/10 (lost 600 at 2/5).
Old 05-27-2007, 04:21 PM

make it 2.5k on the turn. ducy?
Old 05-27-2007, 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
make it 2.5k on the turn. ducy?

[/ QUOTE ]

icy