Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-2007, 02:23 AM

Default Re: FTP 5-10 AA deep oop

ok, seems like some mixed responses between c/c and b/f. here's what happened-
Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $5/$10 Blinds - 4 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

<font color="black">Hero (SB): $2927.50</font>
BB: $810
UTG: $1202
BTN: $2613.50

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (4 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $35</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $130</font>, BB folds, BTN calls $95

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($270) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $180</font>, BTN calls $180

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($630) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $450</font>, Hero calls $450

<font color="black">River:</font> ($1530) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero ?

now what?... ~$1,850 left into $1,500 pot
Old 04-30-2007, 02:26 AM

i think if he seems frustrated you gotta c/c even if he pushes. your hand is pretty transparent since he knows you wouldn't c/c the turn with a set.
Old 04-30-2007, 02:43 AM

I don't know how checking turn is asking to be outplayed. He v. rarely has a better hand. If we bet we give a walk to his floats/marginal hands. I guess the argument for betting is that if you get raised you can fold and lose the minimum when you are against a big hand. However he will have aces beat v. rarely and I think we make up for that by value-towning him / picking up float bets. Also I don't think you are two barreling this v. often so no need to balance. River is a great card I would seriously consider donking for like 1000. Basically you are in a spot where it is obvious you both have something. He v. rarely has you beat and would probably wanna check back a decent part of his range. A bet of 1000 doesn't define your hand and makes him more likely to call down light esp. if frustrated. Getting pushed on after betting 1000 would really suck but I think he has a monster v rarely so even assuming you call, you are getting enough value vs the majority of his range to compensate for the profit/loss asymmetry of the 1k bet.
Old 04-30-2007, 05:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would c/r AI : )

[/ QUOTE ]
i would too
Old 04-30-2007, 05:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
i would too

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-30-2007, 05:51 AM

cr ai looks suicidal given stacksize.

I think it's probably best to bet like 2/3.. he will peel a ton on that kind of board given stack sizes. upside to checking would be if he checks turn thru and river blanks you have easy valuebet.
Old 04-30-2007, 10:03 AM

what about bet/folding $800 on river? yhov seems like he'd be more apt to call than bluff on this river, and i dont think he is ever bluff raising you.
Old 04-30-2007, 10:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
what about bet/folding $800 on river? yhov seems like he'd be more apt to call than bluff on this river, and i dont think he is ever bluff raising you.

[/ QUOTE ]
This seems like the best line on the river, especiall after you check call the turn
Old 04-30-2007, 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
i would too

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
not sure if you're joking or not, but c/rai here is never getting called by worse when this deep...stack-a-donk isn't gonna work here 260bb deep. with 100bb i'm all for it but i dont think it's gonna work out here.

results- i checked river, he shoved pretty quickly, i eventually called and lost to 99.
Old 04-30-2007, 06:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
i would too

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
not sure if you're joking or not, but c/rai here is never getting called by worse when this deep...stack-a-donk isn't gonna work here 260bb deep. with 100bb i'm all for it but i dont think it's gonna work out here.

results- i checked river, he shoved pretty quickly, i eventually called and lost to 99.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. i dont agree
2. you're going broke to a set anyway! if you can c-c then c-f then sure, id agree
3. the board is such that there are alot of hands youd like to be faced with the possibility of folding.