Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2006, 04:27 PM

Default How do people play aces in this situation?

PLO50

Seat 1: One_Crazy_Out ($15.10) [Bought in for $50 and was loudly donking it off, playing erraticatly.]
Seat 2: BadBeatBryan ($43.15)
Seat 3: CrazyAzzArty ($49.50)
Seat 4: RoyaleWitCheese ($44.30)
Seat 5: yuuuuuuuuup ($39.30)
Seat 6: Troll_Inc ($58.25)
Seat 7: riojj23 ($66.70)
Seat 8: bluffingking923 ($37.25)
Seat 9: luggie ($42.60)

*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Troll_Inc [A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]]

yuuuuuuuuup calls $0.50
Troll_Inc calls $0.50
riojj23 calls $0.50
bluffingking923 folds
luggie folds
One_Crazy_Out raises to $1
BadBeatBryan calls $1
CrazyAzzArty folds
RoyaleWitCheese calls $0.50
yuuuuuuuuup calls $0.50
Troll_Inc raises to $6.75 (I was expecting and hoping the minimum raiser would raise all in, so I could repot, almost all in. I was raising with other things, but here I dont think that matters.)

riojj23 folds
One_Crazy_Out calls $5.75
BadBeatBryan calls $5.75
RoyaleWitCheese calls $5.75
yuuuuuuuuup folds

Clearly not a good result. I feel I was wrong to repot from EP.

*** FLOP *** [3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]]

RoyaleWitCheese bets $0.50
Troll_Inc raises to $10 (I don't like this, I don't like calling or raising pot either. I guess I don't really like my position. I seem to recall reading somewhere that position is very important in PLO...)

One_Crazy_Out calls $8.35, and is all in
BadBeatBryan raises to $28.50
RoyaleWitCheese folds
Troll_Inc ????
Old 08-26-2006, 04:46 PM

Default Re: How do people play aces in this situation?

Hero is probably against at least one set, has therefore 2 outs at best and folds ???
Knowing you from your posts, I know you're trying hard to mix up your play and don't pf reraise only with aces, so repot seems fine imo. But I'm afraid your opponents on PLO50 aren't aware of that and will read you for what you actually have anihilating imho the advantages of the reraise, given the fact that a miniraiser seldom rereraises a pot reraiser..
Old 08-26-2006, 05:04 PM

I would flat call flop and fold to the reraise. They won't raise the flop without you beat here.
Old 08-26-2006, 07:12 PM

you played itthe same way i always do, and i always end up having to fold.

anybody have a good line to take in these spots? I HATE calling the flop bet.
Old 08-27-2006, 04:47 PM

I dont like the repot from the EP. It screams I HAVE ACES!!! A min raiser will not have aces, if he potted then he would have more likely repotted when you raised. Even the worse players will read that you have AAxx. If your one of the better player at the table then keep the pot small and play from there

Any flop with an ace will get no action, so you have to flop two spades to continue on. I'd have called the 50c and thrown it away on a big raise

Also on a random note Royalewitcheese is the best poker alias ever
Old 08-27-2006, 05:31 PM

Well, the thing is, I suggest that you learn your opponents before doing stunts like this.
BadBeatBryan is a complete and total retard who is utterly clueless and will shove anything here.
So you have to call him. Apart from that, I prefer open raising with AA. You claimed you were raising with other things, but then what you went and did with AA was to RERAISE. If you had just open raised, like you had done with your other hands, then you would have been fine.
Old 08-27-2006, 06:42 PM

I've gotten in a lot of trouble by raising flops like this. In a multiway pot, your aces are really worthless unless you have a redraw. You probably aren't even a favorite over random holdings at this point.
Old 08-28-2006, 08:30 AM

If you are trying to build a large pot preflop, I suggest bumping it up to $2.50 or $3. Give the sucker a chance to feel like he can push you off your hand with a big raise.
Old 08-29-2006, 08:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, the thing is, I suggest that you learn your opponents before doing stunts like this.
BadBeatBryan is a complete and total retard who is utterly clueless and will shove anything here.
So you have to call him. Apart from that, I prefer open raising with AA. You claimed you were raising with other things, but then what you went and did with AA was to RERAISE. If you had just open raised, like you had done with your other hands, then you would have been fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's an excellent point. So if it is raised before you, then you just call, which will happen if you are acting late or in one of the blinds and someone has raised before you?

And only reraise preflop if you have been doing this previously with non-AA hands? (That makes sense too, except with 100bb stacks you run out of money quickly, often on the flop.)
Old 08-29-2006, 09:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you are trying to build a large pot preflop, I suggest bumping it up to $2.50 or $3. Give the sucker a chance to feel like he can push you off your hand with a big raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, I tried that experiment, but here I think they knew I had AA (I guess I should min raise with other things first).

***** Hand History for Game 5058521179 *****
$50 PL

Seat 4: goldenhawk2 ( $42.45 )
Seat 6: MVGMatte ( $148.28 )
Seat 10: bigshow02472 ( $91.72 )
Seat 9: Troll_Inc ( $101.55 )
Seat 5: TinyTinyLetters ( $45.60 )
Seat 2: popra ( $19.95 )
Seat 7: M_4_Murder ( $63.80 )
Seat 3: SellMySoul ( $60.15 )
Seat 8: rawrawrawr ( $51.80 )
Seat 1: CELTICS07 ( $45.45 )

Dealt to Troll_Inc [6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]] in 3rd position

2 folds.

I call

bigshow02472 raises [$2.25].

3 folds

goldenhawk2 calls [$2.25].

TinyTinyLetters calls [$2].

I min raise to [$4.50].

bigshow02472 calls [$2.75] -- Oops, no reraise

Both other villains call

** Dealing Flop ** [ 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]]

TinyTinyLetters checks.

I checked here. (I guess what I was thinking was that the original raiser will bet and I can raise. If everyone checks, then with nut flush draw and 4 people in the hand, I'm ok with that. Opinions?)

bigshow02472 checks.

goldenhawk2 checks.

** Dealing Turn ** [9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]]

TinyTinyLetters bets [$15].

I call [$15]...I guess I really meant to fold here, but I think I hit the wrong button.

bigshow02472 calls [$15].

goldenhawk2 folds.

3 players see the river.

** Dealing River ** [A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]]

TinyTinyLetters checks.

I bets [$20]...This is a good amount, right? This is the only move I think I did well.

bigshow02472 is all-In [$71.72]

TinyTinyLetters folds.

I call [$51.72]...automatic call, but of course I don't want to see quad nines..I just feel that is really really unlikely here given the previous betting.

bigshow02472 doesn't show (in white)
<font color="white"> 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] a full house, Nines full of aces. </font>