Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2007, 03:22 PM

Default Re: Ron Paul was the only presidential candidate to come out for the P

[ QUOTE ]
This is just not so. he has some radical ideas,but he is not crazy...This is what the media keeps trying to sell to the voters. Search him on the net and youtube and really listen to what has to say and you might not agree with him but I am sure you will find he is not a nut.

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 10-29-2007, 08:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

This is just not so. he has some radical ideas,but he is not crazy...This is what the media keeps trying to sell to the voters. Search him on the net and youtube and really listen to what has to say and you might not agree with him but I am sure you will find he is not a nut.

[/ QUOTE ]

See this is amusing. His ideas are not radical. They're based upon the principals the country was founded on.

Well I guess they may be radical compared to the heap of crap we have these days.
Old 10-29-2007, 09:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

See this is amusing. His ideas are not radical. They're based upon the principals the country was founded on.

Well I guess they may be radical compared to the heap of crap we have these days.

[/ QUOTE ]

When I use the word radical, I did not mean that in a negative way. I mean radical in the sense that they are so different from what we hear from the other candidates. In fact, if this country ever needed a radical departure from its present course it is now.
Old 10-30-2007, 01:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
When I use the word radical, I did not mean that in a negative way. I mean radical in the sense that they are so different from what we hear from the other candidates. In fact, if this country ever needed a radical departure from its present course it is now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand this since you're obviously a supporter of Mr. Paul, but when most people see the word radical used to describe someone they get mental images of suicide bombings or maybe the crusades if they're a history buff.

Oh, it definitely is a departure from the crud we hear spewed by the majority of the demagogues out there, but I don't really see his views as being radical (perhaps thats because I share some of them).

I guess guess these days actually paying attention to the Constitution is radical. I mean we've already seen the First, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, Eighth thrown out, and that just looking at the Bill of Rights.
Old 10-30-2007, 02:41 AM

Default Re: Ron Paul was the only presidential candidate to come out for the PPA

I met Ron Paul last week. He's a great guy in person, and he's on our side (and on the side of freedom).

Victor Ramdin, Andy Bloch, Rep. Ron Paul, Howard Lederer, Chris Ferguson, and me
Old 10-30-2007, 02:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Victor Ramdin, Andy Bloch, RuPaul, Howard Lederer, Chris Ferguson, and me

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-30-2007, 10:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, lets just hitch our wagon to the looniest, nuttiest person in the race. Poker is the only issue, [censored] America, right? Recession, genocide, proliferation and Islam for all, but damnit lets vote for the poker candidate. He is an awful nice fella, but one crazy, Texan, paranoid president is enough every 32 years.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's not in any way loony. Didn't someone say that the definition of insanity was doing the same thing and expecting a different result?

That being said, he is un-electable. Which means that in the end, his candidacy and support is pretty irrelevant, unfortunately. But that's not a reflection on his ideas. Its a reflection of a system where the the money flocks to the big ticket idiots and then the media covers those with money and media coverage begets more money, repeat over and over until we end up with the slightly mentally challenged son of an ex-president as president followed by the first lady turned president who was cheated on by the former president.

I, for one, have stopped making fun of European and South American politics. American politics have become less credible.
Old 10-30-2007, 12:51 PM

For every sensible thing he says, he says two crazy things. His supporters are nutbags, racists, xenophobes, junkies, and loonies. Its like the old school Libertarians have discovered the Internet and we have to see them now. Everything is not a conspiracy. I listened, I went to two meet-ups. Jesus, these people want to own machine-guns, grow opium, not pay taxes, and kick out anyone not straight and white from the country. Every other RP email I get is about going to the next gunshow. Not one peep out of RP to stop hate speech and insane behavior from his supporters at all kinds of public functions. Rip apart every existing institution because James Madison neglected to mention it.
Im all for limited government, principled leaders, and sound non-interventionist foreign policy. But, you have to live in this world and govern the government we have. The man isn't up to it, never was, and never will be. He is a country doctor who doesn't like how the country is going with a sunny disposition. That in no way means he deserves support to run the country. I'd vote for Hillary first and I cried the first time I had to vote for a Democrat for governor.
Old 10-30-2007, 01:16 PM

Sen. Phil Gramm was the ideal limited government presidential canidate who was also unelectable. Abraham Lincoln would be unelectable today.
Old 10-30-2007, 01:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
His supporters are nutbags, racists, xenophobes, junkies, and loonies.

[/ QUOTE ]

....and you're a little kid.