Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2007, 03:53 PM

Default Re: 10-25 top 2 at foxwoods

[ QUOTE ]
I would also like to add this. After leading the turn and getting called, he isn't checking a hand on the river he knows is best. The only hand he could concievably have here given the action that has us beat is kq, and his check would signify genuine concern. If that's what he has he'd just call the 1800, never check raise. With that in mind, a bet has to be correct.

(the x factor is the fact that you posted this, which probably means he showed up with a monster here or something [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img])

[/ QUOTE ]

Or he checked behind and missed value vs. KJ or something
Old 05-27-2007, 04:20 PM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 05-27-2007, 04:27 PM

I dont know how good or bad player is, but i highly doubt he plays kk or qq like that from the sb with 60k behind.

I would bet here also around 2k
Old 05-27-2007, 04:29 PM

I am not sure if this guy would crai the river or not. Earlier he called a big turn bet w/ fd and hit. Then he checked the river and the other guy checked behind. He showed the J-hi flush so I assumed he was planning on cr the river, but Paul, a reg sitting next to me, felt pretty confident he was just being cautious and planning on c/c.

I would def bet river though bc this guy made a ton of crying calls and hes prob not folding any pairs ever, and could show up w/ AK here which hes obv calling with. Good thing is he isnt cr a straight either and will prob tank call with that too, lol.

2500ish sounds good to me.
Old 05-27-2007, 09:28 PM

u guys limit his hand range in the wrong way. villain never has kk-qq here, he blows the pot out of the water preflop.

i wouldnt be surprised to see him have a 7. or a missed draw. or qj. i probably check behind, though, if i was confused on the turn id like to know why.
Old 05-27-2007, 11:07 PM

I would be shocked to see a missed draw here. I'm almost certain this player fires the river.
Old 05-28-2007, 04:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would be shocked to see a missed draw here. I'm almost certain this player fires the river.

[/ QUOTE ]
good point, i had checked to him with top pair a few times before this hand and called a big river bet and every time he had a missed draw or for some reason had floated me twice with air and tried to take it away on the river. since that probably means most bluffs are out of his range, i just dont know if there are enough hands he's calling a bet with to make it correct on the river, i think LApoker is right, having the Ac hurts my hand a lot.

anyway, results- he quickly calls (no, he doesn't raise...) with A7 and i immediately replay the hand over and over in my head for the next 20 minutes trying to figure out what went wrong