Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2007, 08:11 PM

Default Bottom Set on monotone board - 25nl

Villain in this hand is half decent. I certainly don't think he is pushing this with just a good queen. I would weight his range heavily towards small made flushes, sets and 2 pair hands (although I don't think he limps Q6/Q2/62 very often). That's not to say he couldn't but pushing with a hand like AdQ but I think it's more weighted to the other hands. How is my line up to this point and should I call be calling here?

Cryptologic
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.15/$0.25
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $32.86
UTG+1: $31.42
CO: $23.50
Button: $22.40
Hero: $38.56
BB: $18.80

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is SB with 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises to $0.75</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($3, 4 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $2.5</font>, BB folds, CO calls, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises all-in $21.65</font>, Hero ?
Old 02-01-2007, 08:15 PM

Default Re: Bottom Set on monotone board - 25nl

Sure looks like A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Qx to me. I can't imagine someone with a flopped flush or a flopped set of Qs pushing all in like that. 66 is possible, but even then I can't see trying to blow someone out of the pot. I'd call.
Old 02-01-2007, 08:19 PM

Surely a non-nut flopped flush needs to protect his hand here, especially after CO called my pot sized lead on the flop - it is quite possible that CO has AdX (it's possible I could have it from his POV) so he certainly needs to protect his hand.

Also a set has the same motivation for raising. Calling with QQQ here would be a big mistake as you're allowing any flush draws a cheap chance to draw out on you (although I think 66 is more likely than QQ because of the lack of a reraise preflop)
Old 02-01-2007, 08:25 PM

If they have a non-nut flush, I can't imagine them wanting to chase off action like this. Putting in a nice raise to protect your hand is one thing, raising all-in is another... you're just chasing off all action. If you had a non-nut flush, wouldn't you want a hand like yours to call? Of course, so why go all in? Same goes for a set of Qs or 6s.

You said the player is half-decent... I don't see them making this play with something that has you beat. Donks at this level think four to a flush gives them a license to push no matter what.
Old 02-01-2007, 08:27 PM

folding and calling are both fine. I like calling cuase you have redraws and it's pretty obvious CO is on a draw.
Old 02-01-2007, 08:40 PM

I fold because I'm reading this hand on an internet forum. In real life I would call, and lose my money when he shows down his flush.