Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2006, 11:18 PM

Default Sykes

Please stop making posts such as the random sampling from the last week or so below:

[ QUOTE ]

Why? This is terrible and illogical play.

BTW, I love how I was correct in this whole thread about everything.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

How about I look at the ridiculous topics you keep posting that have slam dunk answers?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe it's not a bad beat post because OP posted 2 hands where he won 1 and lost 1. So is it a bad beat and brag post all in one?

Seriously.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Push over, if he has A9/A5/99/55 then gg. Seriously, are you asking to fold here?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

It means to play better than you actually are and you donk off 50-100% of your stack because you have no clue on what you were trying to accomplish.

Or you were trying to accomplish too much when the obvious play is most often the correct one.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Go to hell.

Who the [censored] do you think you are to provide advise when you're terrible to begin with?

Seriously, please die.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Do you even know how to play SNGs? Seriously stop posting when you have no idea what you're talking about.

Big stack is pushing 100% of hands like he should.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know some of them are out of context and some of them you were being bated heavily, but seriously, just knock it off. You make very decent strategy posts and are undoubtedly an asset to the forum but try making your posts a little friendlier and a little less douchebaggy.
Old 04-24-2006, 02:10 AM

Default Re: Sykes

I dunno, I learned a lot from these posts!
Old 04-24-2006, 07:53 AM

He is not really an asset to the forum. In my opinion the information he gives is often incorrect, and when it is correct other people will have given it. If this were OOT Sykes would have at least one star if not two.
Old 04-24-2006, 08:49 AM

This one is my favorite:

[ QUOTE ]

Go to hell.

Who the [censored] do you think you are to provide advise when you're terrible to begin with?

Seriously, please die.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-24-2006, 09:00 AM

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Ok, so I'm a douchebag. No reason to take my quotes out of context however.

Like, there is 1 quote in here that is douchebaggying in the whole context of the topic. All the other posts are not so when they have history behind them:

Quote #1.

I believe this was the huge debate about pushing JJ over an utg SS all-in and a 2+2 utg+1 call in a 55$.

Quote #2.

My response to wpr101, when he was bragging to me about his "track record" when I could care less.

Quote #3

How is this a douchebag post? The other responses in that topic were worse than mine.

Quote #4.

Tough love. What do you want me to say? Push please with a cherry on top?

Quote #5.

No way in the world was that douchebag post. I was explaining a definition and was no way slamming the guy.

Quote #6.

Again, history with wpr101, and yes it was being a douchebag, but with him, I could care less.

Quote #7.

I don't recall this one so well, but I believe the person posted some ridiculous advise that was truly terrible.

I'm sorry if I come off a bit harsh. It's just the way I am.

PS: Pudge, that's why I don't post in OOT. Also because there are better forums on the net where I can talk about off topic stuff.
Old 04-24-2006, 09:17 AM

given how much of his abuse was directed at WPR101, I think that Sykes should be forgiven.

Besides, if you really had an issue with him, PM or complain to a mod. Public fights like this exacerbate the problem that you're complaining about.
Closed Thread