Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2006, 07:06 PM

Default Two Hopefully Standard Overpair Hands

Hey guys, very new to SSNL, how do these look?

Hand 1

Party Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
9 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
5 folds, CO calls, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $0.75</font>, SB folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $3.25</font>, CO folds, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $6.75</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($13.85, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets $8.54</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises all-in $20.55</font>

Hand 2

Party Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
10 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (10 players) Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG calls, 3 folds, MP2 calls, 2 folds, Button calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $1.5</font>, 3 folds, Button calls.

Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($3.75, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $2.5</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $5</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($13.75, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets $7</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises all-in $17.9</font>

Thanks!
Old 09-09-2006, 07:11 PM

Default Re: Two Hopefully Standard Overpair Hands

stack sizes?

hand 1: buttons min raise pf looks shady but still, i either push here or call and get a good flop like this and c/r all in.

hand 2: i push flop after his raise, SD, FD, AT, etc and I dont like letting him off the hook to draw to beat me. As you played it I hate c/r the turn since it lets him check behind with a draw or TP.
Old 09-09-2006, 07:25 PM

Full stacks, sorry, didn't realize they weren't included!

In hand 2 it seems like an overbet to shove the flop, doesn't it? He puts in $2.50 more and I jam for $18? I dunno. I felt like if I call the flop I can C/R him on most turns or even C/F a few of them, but I think your point about letting draws and TP check behind is a good one. How do you feel about calling the flop and leading the turn for about $9?
Old 09-09-2006, 07:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Full stacks, sorry, didn't realize they weren't included!

In hand 2 it seems like an overbet to shove the flop, doesn't it? He puts in $2.50 more and I jam for $18? I dunno. I felt like if I call the flop I can C/R him on most turns or even C/F a few of them, but I think your point about letting draws and TP check behind is a good one. How do you feel about calling the flop and leading the turn for about $9?

[/ QUOTE ]

calling then leading the turn for $9 means that he can call with his draws, raise with his better hands (and force us to call). on riveer he can either fold if he misses or get the rest of our stack if he hits. i'd rather just push the flop and be done with it. i dont think too many villains can even get away from AT here on the flop at this level and I know they're going to call with their flush/SD. As played if the turn completes the OESD or FD are you just going to c/f? c/c just about commits you to calling the river me thinks.
Old 09-09-2006, 07:50 PM

Do I really mind if he calls my $9 with a F or SD on the turn?