Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which team gets the better deal?
Team A, not even close 5 45.45%
Team A 4 36.36%
Even trade 1 9.09%
Team B 0 0%
Team B, not even close 1 9.09%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-21-2007, 12:44 PM

Default Re: Staking LuckyJimm - is this fair?

[ QUOTE ]
$50 to $4600 in 36 hours and I can't play? Yeah looking forward to seeing your results.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought all the hating was unnecessary until I read this. Just because you run 50 into 4600 does not make you good in any way shape or form. Now I would never stake you even with your own money.
Old 08-21-2007, 01:29 PM

Default Re: Staking LuckyJimm - is this fair?

[ QUOTE ]

Of course that's a bad analogy since I was playing against other players, not a machine. A better analogy would be to say a big spin-up is like accumulating a huge stack in a tournament. You need some luck, you need to play well - in short, you need to run good. You can't usually get there without both the luck and the ability.

Jerry Yang excluded.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jim,

You are missing his point. The point he was making was that running up 20->4000 in a short time is not a hallmark of being +EV since you can easily do it playing a -EV game against a rigged video poker machine if you run good. Since you can spin up like that on a -EV game, the fact that you have done it playing poker does not mean your poker game is +EV.

You are arguing that your 20->4000 spin ups are due to poker skill, and he is pointing out you can do the same spin up and actually be a loser in the game, so you can't use your spin ups as proof you have a winning game.