Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2007, 12:15 AM

Default Status of LL stud high online

I have been playing a litle bit of .25-50 adn .50-1 stud high online. I hadn't played it in a long time and thought that now it would be kind of like LHE online: A lot tougher than it used to be. Doesn't seem to be so with low limit stud though. Just as bad players as I remembered for the most part.

Any other opinions?
Old 07-30-2007, 02:12 AM

Default Re: Status of LL stud high online

I think on Stars that generally the .25-.50, .5-1, and 1-2 games are probably always going to be sicko good. Once you get to 2-4, 3-6, 5-10 I think you are probably going to find a couple 'multi-tabler' types who are going to make the games less amazing but still easily beatable for like 2-3BB/100. Then in my limited experince in the higher games you are going to have a whole bunch of juiceballs who are going to make those games good but you will also have some charks!!!
Old 07-30-2007, 10:14 AM

It's harder to multiball stud, so there's fewer copies of each good player. You also lose more of your edge per additional table compared to holdem, so even if good players are multitabling, they're not as tough. And since it's harder to play as many hands as quickly as holdem, it's also probably harder to improve as quickly. So yeah, good games.
Old 07-30-2007, 11:22 AM

So long as stud remains less popular than holdem, you'll have "tourist" $$$ flowing into from NLHE into stud, especially the low limit games. PLayers who are good at poker, but n00bs to stud. Alot of otherwise winning NLHE are just donking around at stud, blowing off steam and having a good time. They arent interested in folding split pairs etcetera, so your LL stud games stay juicy. This doesn't look like it will be changing anytime soon [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-01-2007, 12:48 PM

Are most stud mult-tablers generally just playing tight ABC style since it may hard for them to recall all of the discards and suits at 3+ tables? So they may jsut be playing really strong cards on 3rd or the most part?