Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-01-2007, 02:25 PM

Default Re: Wong Tennis Betting

[ QUOTE ]
Quick favor, if someone can really read the rules on tennis betting and find out exactly what happens if one player retires during the match. Because that to me is the biggest thing stopping me from betting more on some favorites, scared they are going to pull out or retire during the match.

But there looks to be a lot of value in underdogs, if you know a little bit of inside info which I get a lot, so just have to pick our spots.

[/ QUOTE ]

From pinny's rules on tennis betting:

Retirement or Disqualification:
Head to Head Matchups:
Two full sets must be completed for wagers to stand. Less than 2 sets completed - all wagers will be considered void.

Example: Federer 6-3, 4-6, 2-0 (Roddick retired due to injury). All wagers stand. Federer declared the winner while Roddick is deemed the loser.

Example: Federer 6-3, 2-0 (Roddick retired due to injury). All wagers considered void.

Sets Betting:
If a tennis match is not completed because of a player retirement or disqualification, all Set wagers will be considered void. Such wagers will be canceled and the monies refunded.

Prop Betting:
If a tennis match is not completed because of a player retirement or disqualification, all Prop wagers will be considered void. Such wagers will be canceled and the monies refunded, with some exceptions pertaining to the completion of an individual set.

Example:

To Win 1st Set (Must Complete 1st Set)
Correct Score of 1st Set (Must complete 1st Set)
Old 01-01-2007, 02:32 PM

Almost every book has different rules about retirements. You have to know the ones for the book you're playing at. Obv, when a big part of an underdog's edge is injury to the favourite, you want to be playing at a "match must start" rather than "match must be completed" book, etc.
Old 01-01-2007, 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Two full sets must be completed for wagers to stand. Less than 2 sets completed - all wagers will be considered void.

[/ QUOTE ]

this crap has pissed me off numerous times. i wonder if they factor in that some of the women are far more likely to default when they're down 6-0,5-0.
Old 01-01-2007, 04:05 PM

Hewitt v Tipsarevic Hewitt

N Davydenko v Lee Davydenko

D Hrbaty v P Goldstein Hrbaty

Tursunov v Fish Tursunov

for 2.78 parlay safe in your opinion ?

2.78 in Euro that is for 1 Euro bet , basicly + 278

Well ... doesn't matter Euro or Dollar but do you think it's a good pick ?

Thanks for help .
Old 01-01-2007, 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Karlovic vs Amritraj

Karlovic -332 is the bet. Amritraj a former teammate of mine at USC has been injured and just played a small minor league tournament and lost in the first round.

$1000 to win $301

[/ QUOTE ]

Betting against your former teammate.
That's pretty cold.

I very much enjoy watching the majors on TV, especially the early-round coverage.
Cliff Drysdale and Patrick McEnroe at 4am from the Aussie Open. YES!!!

But I don't know the players very well so couldn't possibly handicap it.
Keep the picks, and theory, coming. Would be interested in placing a little action on some of these matches that I'm watching.
Old 01-01-2007, 05:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hewitt v Tipsarevic Hewitt

N Davydenko v Lee Davydenko

D Hrbaty v P Goldstein Hrbaty

Tursunov v Fish Tursunov

for 2.78 parlay safe in your opinion ?

2.78 in Euro that is for 1 Euro bet , basicly + 278

Well ... doesn't matter Euro or Dollar but do you think it's a good pick ?

Thanks for help .

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I like that bet. Would like a little better price, but 3 locks for sure. The Fish vs Toursonov is the only one that might go 3 sets.
Old 01-01-2007, 06:30 PM

Warning to all who are getting excited over Nick's 1-0 start:

In recent years, no sport has been more "rigged" than tennis. That's why many books recently added the rule about requiring the match to go at least two full sets for action. Guys were dumping early-round matches, usually by grabbing their hamstring and limping off the court. The European press found out that people close to them were betting against them online.

Nick says that injuries play a big part of his handicapping approach. I wish him luck and hope he thrives, but all should know about this injury/dumping aspect.
Old 01-01-2007, 08:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Warning to all who are getting excited over Nick's 1-0 start:

In recent years, no sport has been more "rigged" than tennis. That's why many books recently added the rule about requiring the match to go at least two full sets for action. Guys were dumping early-round matches, usually by grabbing their hamstring and limping off the court. The European press found out that people close to them were betting against them online.

Nick says that injuries play a big part of his handicapping approach. I wish him luck and hope he thrives, but all should know about this injury/dumping aspect.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have a few things right. There are some fixed matches, its knowing when that is going to happen that profitable. I think the rule before was if there was a retirement at anytime, the match was void.

Kafelnikov through a couple matches before he retired. Labadze also threw a couple in 2005 and he got caught.

The way the rankings work only the top 19 tournaments count, so a player who could use an extra 5k can tank a match and have friends bet on the other guy.
Old 01-01-2007, 09:56 PM

Another bet for tonight.

T. Johansson vs Y El Aynaoui

T. Johansson -254 $1000 to win $393
Old 01-01-2007, 10:39 PM

Thanks Nick!