Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2006, 12:41 PM

Default Re: \"Make a million $$ in a few minutes of work each day\"...good idea?

This is retarded. Why don't they just pay people some much smaller amount of money if they want this done?
Old 08-10-2006, 12:41 PM

Default Re: \"Make a million $$ in a few minutes of work each day\"...good idea?

[ QUOTE ]
Obviously a fake account because he said you'd get fired if you didn't go your fastest each and every time. Stopping because you got burnt = instant firing.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you're going to trust this Assani guy who never carried an oat in his life and is obsessed with Onslaughts over a guy who has been running steaming oats around for nearly a decade? Whatever, you do what you want. Jesus, man, has every single job you've ever had been exactly what they described to you while you were interviewing?

Of course they tell all the new people they'll get fired for slowing down, otherwise they'd never bust ass the entire way. And if they catch you slacking, they'll make sure you know it. But, honestly, if they fired everyone who slowed down for a few steps when they bumped their forearms on the bucket, they'd have nobody to carry the oats!

-BoilingOatRunner
Old 08-10-2006, 12:45 PM

BOR:

Do they give you internet while boiling hot oat running?
Do you have to wear a uniform, nametag, flair, etc?
How about a hat?
What kind of person are they looking for?
Zima?

Thank you for your service to our country:
--GA
Old 08-10-2006, 12:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You must be paying [censored] to not ban you or something.

-bb.

[/ QUOTE ]You're the biggest nit I've ever seen on these boards. Why don't you just not click on my threads if you don't like them? What is the point of clicking on every one of my threads just to tell me that you don't like what I wrote and that I should be banned for it?

[/ QUOTE ]

The reason people chime in to mention that you should be banned is because you are. "If you don't like it, dont click" isn't an excuse to spam the forum. If it were any other spammer spamming the OOT boards, he would get insta-permabanned with no excuses. The only reason that you aren't banned yet is because people can't tell whether this is some ridiculous meta-joke or you are actually this retarded.
Old 08-10-2006, 12:48 PM

Default Re: \"Make a million $$ in a few minutes of work each day\"...good idea???

LOL awesome...
Part of me keeps struggling to find some deep underlying meaning to all of this...Iunno, somthing about being a slave for money and all of what you miss out on if you put too much importance on it over all of the other simple and fullfilling things in life you don't need money for blah blah, etc etc and so on...

The other part thinks this guy just gets his jollies thinking about boiling oats...
Old 08-10-2006, 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
BORo they give you internet while boiling hot oat running?

[/ QUOTE ]
No, what are you, crazy? You're running as fast as you can carrying a heavy bucket of steaming oats. What are you gonna do on the Internet in that team? Arrange to bang some chick from MySpace.com while you're on the run? I don't think so. You just run the oats, man. You just run the oats.

[ QUOTE ]
Do you have to wear a uniform, nametag, flair, etc?

[/ QUOTE ]
Other than the no sock and no protective gear, not really. I mean, you're allowed to wear heavier clothes in the winter, at least.

[ QUOTE ]
How about a hat?

[/ QUOTE ]
I go with a headband. Some guys wear hats. You sweat a lot when you're running around with a 30 pound bucket of flaming hot oats in your hands, and believe me, you don't want to have to slow down to wipe sweat out of your eyes. No sir. Learned that lesson pretty quick. My doctor says I'll regain full use of my left arm eventually.

[ QUOTE ]
What kind of person are they looking for?

[/ QUOTE ]
They take all comers. As long as you try your hardest, it's fine with them. I still remember old one-armed Pete, this guy who was around for a few runs back in 2002. They were willing to let him give it a shot, but he just couldn't keep the oats from spilling, and they had to let him go.

[ QUOTE ]
Zima?

[/ QUOTE ]
No self-respecting oat runner would be caught with that.

[ QUOTE ]
Thank you for your service to our country

[/ QUOTE ]
Let's not make this more than it is. It's easy money. I'm no hero.

-BoilingOatRunner
Old 08-10-2006, 12:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-bb.

[/ QUOTE ]You're the biggest nit I've ever seen on these boards. Why don't you just not click on my threads if you don't like them? What is the point of clicking on every one of my threads just to tell me that you don't like what I wrote and that I should be banned for it?

[/ QUOTE ]

The reason people chime in to mention that you should be banned is because you are. "If you don't like it, dont click" isn't an excuse to spam the forum. If it were any other spammer spamming the OOT boards, he would get insta-permabanned with no excuses. The only reason that you aren't banned yet is because people can't tell whether this is some ridiculous meta-joke or you are actually this retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]spam is trying to promote a product or something on these boards. How is posting about a game(onslaughts) or a job opportunity spam? Even if both of them were completely fake(which they're not), other people post fake games and fake stories all the time. Get off my back, Humphrey.
Old 08-10-2006, 12:58 PM

If the OP was banned, we would lose on on quality/entertaining posts like this...

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...rue#Post6865068
Old 08-10-2006, 12:59 PM

dude, quit trying to write off stupid posts as being serious.

Ill answer anyway cuz I think its kind of an interesting HYPOTHETICAL situation.

I wouldnt do it. 50K a year to live in a crappy [censored] hole city to do something thats going to take much longer than a few minutes (30 pounds is heavy, when you have to be careful of how you are carrying it and a mile is a long way) every single day come hell or high water. And if I cant do it I owe money. No way in hell. Now if they moved it to a real city, then maybe. But I still wouldnt because my freedom to travel and come and go as I please is worth more than $50K/year to me, but I could see how it would appeal to people in that case.

edit: oops, missed that they give you the mil upfront. I dont know dick about investing but if I could make a ton of money off a mill in a couple years, then maybe id do this and then break contract. I definitely wouldnt start now tho, I dont wanna waste some of the prime years of my life doing this, but if I were 40 or something, then maybe.

Also is New City, NY an uber shithole? Because Yuma, AZ is one of the last places in the country id ever want to live.
Old 08-10-2006, 01:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-bb.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]spam is trying to promote a product or something on these boards. How is posting about a game(onslaughts) or a job opportunity spam? Even if both of them were completely fake(which they're not), other people post fake games and fake stories all the time. Get off my back, Humphrey.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just replace "spam" with "troll." Whatever.