Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2007, 02:54 AM

Default Re: my ftp account got hacked

[ QUOTE ]
JC,

You have $200K in Neteller? You can reopen your account establishing a foriegn addy and bank account. Once this is resolved, you should be doing that ASAP.

[/ QUOTE ]

As much as I would like this to be possible, I'm about 99% sure that it's not. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 02-24-2007, 03:11 AM

why are we, the players, not demanding, at the very least a 24 hr phone number from this company that holds so much of our money? why shouldnt high volume players/customers be assigned vip reps who we could contact if problems occur? with the amount of money involved for both the customers and the business this should be a minimum.
Old 02-24-2007, 03:53 AM

marc seif gimmick account???
Old 02-24-2007, 06:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
JC,
Really sorry about your loss.

All,
I'm not saying that this is what happened in this case, but if a player's account gets hacked and the hacker then loses money to unknowing players, what do you think should happen?

[/ QUOTE ]

If the money is lost to unkowing players than the player who has had his account hacked should take the hit. Ultimately the individual is responsible for ensuring their account details are secure. You can't expect the unsuspecting player or the site to refund for this.

Thankfully this looks to be unlikely to be the case in this instance and OP should get his money back.

For sites not to have a 24hr number specifically for fraud issues is a joke though, and the guys who can influence and are most at risk from this (ie. you high stakes guys) should really put pressure on the sites to implement this. To wait 3-4hrs for a reply to an inital email or to have to go around and try to find someone who might know someone who works at the site is completely unacceptable when we are talking about 6 figure frauds.
Old 02-24-2007, 08:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"Looking at all those hand histories, I could make a good case for every single hand being legit as the other guy."

A good case?

[/ QUOTE ]

Good case = not proof of chip dumping

[/ QUOTE ]

it looks 95% likely its dumping, seeing what jc had the times he folded will likely bring it to 99+

jc can you request your last 100HHs from FT?
Old 02-24-2007, 06:23 PM

Jc,

sucks man. I got hacked about 2 months ago. I will say that the FTP support team actually is really good, especially Kevin. They get a bad rap but trust me, they are good. Kevin is not a dolt and knows chip dumping when he sees it.
Old 02-24-2007, 06:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"Looking at all those hand histories, I could make a good case for every single hand being legit as the other guy."

A good case?

[/ QUOTE ]

Good case = not proof of chip dumping

[/ QUOTE ]

it looks 95% likely its dumping, seeing what jc had the times he folded will likely bring it to 99+

jc can you request your last 100HHs from FT?

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. thank god you play poker and dont work for full tilt
Old 02-24-2007, 07:26 PM

1. I am very sorry jc, that just sucks. I really hope ftp steps up to the plate on this.

2. On the trust thing: It is not just trusting your friends to be honest, it is trusting them to not do something stupid. Humans excel at doing stupid [censored], and if I could somehow set things up so that I didn't even have to trust myself not to do something stupid, I would. I mean here is one of a billion scenarios that could happen: friend logs onto AIM forgetting it is not his account. Someone IM's him saying something like "hey sexy, here are those naughty pictures I promised you!" Hello key logger, goodbye money. I really hope people with this sort of money on line start taking some precautions.

Note: I have no idea if this particular episode was due to a friends misstep. Also note, sometimes there is nothing you could have reasonably done.

Again, I feel terrible for OP. My only advice is don't despair. As awful as the situation seems, it will pass.
Old 02-24-2007, 07:33 PM

any updates jc? i find these threads frightening...i hope you get your money back [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 02-24-2007, 07:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd be worried now that prowings somehow didn't even know about the scam, which makes it harder to get your money back.

[/ QUOTE ]

It wouldnt be much of a scam if Prownings didn't know about it. I would be more worried about him dumping to other accounts in an effort to "launder" the money.