Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2006, 11:14 PM

Default Re: Heroes 11/20 Thread

Awesome episode, probably my favorite one so far. I'm pumped for next week, looks like we finally find out who Sylar is.
Old 11-20-2006, 11:16 PM

the only issue is i believe they built this episode up way too much. It was a good episode and all but did we learn that much more than we already know.
We know nothing more of sylar
Other than peter and clair no other interactions really among heroes
We dont know why she needed to be saved
I mean i thought this was the episode of answers.
Old 11-20-2006, 11:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the only issue is i believe they built this episode up way too much. It was a good episode and all but did we learn that much more than we already know.
We know nothing more of sylar
Other than peter and clair no other interactions really among heroes
We dont know why she needed to be saved
I mean i thought this was the episode of answers.

[/ QUOTE ]

You really think the season was going to end in November? There will probably be another 2 or 3 key buildups like this, that in the end don't seem to be as big as they were making it out to be, before the season ends.

I wouldn't be surprised if they're right now filming to change things in the show to drag it out more episodes.

It will have meaning in the end. Claire being saved will be big in the future.
Old 11-20-2006, 11:26 PM

At least things actually happened in this episode. We finally saw Ali Carter back! Hot MILF thing! That Sylar scene was pretty awesome. We finally saw him do some damage. Clair punches scene was kind of funny in a cheesy way. Mind-reading cop has been boring lately. Good thing he was out. Not enough Hiro in the episode! Nathan makes me sick. Indian guy is a waste of time, hopefully he can be more useful now.
Old 11-20-2006, 11:31 PM

The writing was horrible. Since when do misfits come together all happy and vote for homecoming queen? The dialogue was horrible. The cheerleader and her boy friend talked like Dawson's Creek rejects. The Dad, who is very aware that his daughter is in grave danger, leaves her alone in her friggin room? He couldn't keep an eye on her until the night was over?

On the other hand, we got a lot of action and plot development. We see more Sylar, cheerleader, and Peter using their powers. Some scenes really got my pulse pounding.
Old 11-20-2006, 11:43 PM

I had no thought that it was gonna be the end. But the last two weeks hook was will finally understand these words ... you know the rest. Can anyone understand these words yet. Nope.
I expect it to continue but I do believe they made it seem things would come together and we still really have a bunch of heroes seperatly wondering the world.

Im finding mohinders scenes and complexities are becoming interesting now. I don't mind seeing him anymore.
Old 11-20-2006, 11:53 PM

I agree. This episode was a disappointment. The bad writing stood out even more here, although I was bemused by misfits voting for Claire, and Dad's henchmen taking Sylar. You have to wonder why they eventually let him go for next episode, though. They should have kept him in a ridiculous holding cell, and if they didn't, they should have known better.

Sylar cutting through the chick's skull telekinetically is pretty badass, much beyond most telekinetic superheroes.

We still don't have a good answer on the brain eating, whether he's stealing powers or if it's just a 100% sure way to kill a hero like the cheerleader. The promise of answers in this episode was greatly exaggerated, although we at least got an answer why Claire's friend isn't boning her senseless. That's about it, though, as far as meaningful answers.

Speculation on whether Suresh's dad feigned his own death, or were the previews more dream sequences?
Old 11-20-2006, 11:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
cant we just assume that both sylar and peter made a mistake in believing the cheerleader that was actually killed was the hero. Since she did take credit for saving the man from the fire. I think they both just were unaware of who really had the powers.

[/ QUOTE ]

At the end of the episode it was clear to both that the hero cheerleader was still alive. Peter used her powers to heal himself and sylar saw her recover from having her face smashed.
Old 11-21-2006, 12:57 AM

what was not clear was how peter effortlessly and without pain fixed his foot which was broken and twisted ~180 degrees from normal, despite the fact that claire was no longer anywhere near him
Old 11-21-2006, 01:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I had no thought that it was gonna be the end. But the last two weeks hook was will finally understand these words ... you know the rest. Can anyone understand these words yet. Nope.
I expect it to continue but I do believe they made it seem things would come together and we still really have a bunch of heroes seperatly wondering the world.

Im finding mohinders scenes and complexities are becoming interesting now. I don't mind seeing him anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're exactly right. They kept building up this episode like we were going to get some answers to some key questions. They also made it sound like the heroes were coming together and I don't think that I'm the only one that thought that. A big discussion in last weeks thread was how all the heroes were going to get to Texas in the next day. I figured they'd get together, save the cheerleader, and then work on stopping whatever explodes.

Still, there was a lot of action in this episode and the previews made it look like next week's might be decent. At least we should get to see what happenend to Hiro in the past.