Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2007, 07:06 PM

Default Re: 25/50 squeezed pot

I agree that his logic was well put into words but I disagree with his conclusions.
Just put the players handranges into pokerstove and see if you average more than 18%, I am pretty sure you will be way above that.
Obviously we don't have a very good playability but it's not like we need to outplay a whole field of players with AJ for our tournament life.
You flop something or find a great spot to take their monies, do it.
Otherwise just move on and fold the hand.
If we flop a Jack or Ace there is a good chance we will have the best hand but we won't put much money in anyways.
If we hit 2pair we might win a biggish pot against AQ/AK..
We might be able to extract monies with trips or get some monies when hitting straight/nutflushdraw.
I agree that I would much rather have 76s than AJo to call in that spot but I would never think about folding this hand.
Old 11-13-2007, 02:45 AM

Location: Don\'t Call it a comeback... Ive been here for years
Default Re: 25/50 squeezed pot

I think you value AJ as a hand more than I do. To me AJ and A10 are mentioned in the same breathe, whereas AQ is trying to squeak in to become AK's sidekick. I always find myself in really difficult situations with AJ oop. If you can play it for a better EV here by calling, i'd definitely call, but i just don't think i can play it more profitably than squeezing. At lower stakes, like the 5/10 i have been grinding the last few months, AJ gains much more value, but these 25/50 games are harder than even a year ago when i was playing them daily, and putting yourself in this position with a flat call is just going to want to make you hate life.