Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2007, 09:52 AM

Default Any value in raising this river?

Wasnt getting much respect at the table, so checked the flop.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB ($50)
UTG ($47.35)
MP ($47.50)
Hero ($121.05)
Button ($63.25)
SB ($50)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls $1.75, BB calls $1.50.

Flop: ($6) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($6) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $4.5</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $9</font>, Hero calls $4.50.

River: ($24) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $10.5</font>, Hero ???
Old 07-09-2007, 09:55 AM

Default Re: Any value in raising this river?

I shove here, don't give him credit for a backdoor flush. His range includes T8 i guess, but you beat the rest (Set, 2 pair, AQ).
Old 07-09-2007, 09:57 AM

i jus like a call here. you might get a call of a set but unlikely given the 1 card str8 and flush.
Old 07-09-2007, 09:57 AM

1st, flop was checked. So backdoor flush is just as likely as an indoor one.

Second. Who calls me? Its one card to a straight, is he really calling a raise with those hands?
Old 07-09-2007, 09:59 AM

A few mistakes here. This flop is a good one to cbet because you have an OESD with an Ace as an overcard, so

1)bet 4 on flop
2)fold to raise on turn

To answer your question, I say yes. I push this river for 2 reasons. A BDFD is very unlikely here, but if he does have a flush, your AI can get him to fold a weak flush. Another reason to raise is if he slowplayed 8T, he can fold the better straight.
Old 07-09-2007, 10:02 AM

he'll call with any set/two pair and possibly any q/9 (depends on how bad he is).
Old 07-09-2007, 10:03 AM

Quote:

To answer your question, I say yes. I push this river for 2 reasons. A BDFD is very unlikely here, but if he does have a flush, your AI can get him to fold a weak flush.

i dont think for 1 minute that anyone is folding ANY flush the way this hand has played out come on...... the BB only had $50 to start the hand...
do u really think someone is folding there backdoor flush when they have already put half there stack in the middle????
Old 07-09-2007, 10:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A few mistakes here. This flop is a good one to cbet because you have an OESD with an Ace as an out, so

1)bet 4 on flop
2)fold to raise on turn

To answer your question, I say yes. I push this river for 2 reasons. A BDFD is very unlikely here, but if he does have a flush, your AI can get him to fold a weak flush. Another reason to raise is if he slowplayed 8T, he can fold the better straight.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oi oi.. Not so fast [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I know I suck, but when I have a read I go with it. I bet a lot of flops, but its multiway and the board is scary. Something about his timing on the flop was weired so I checked it. If I cbet, I probably would not see this river.

Then, there is no way on earth I am folding to his minraise on the turn. I have outs. I may even have the best hand.

And the whole reasoning about "I dont believe his backdoor flush" is nonsense. Flop was checked. Backdoor is reality. Period.
Old 07-09-2007, 10:05 AM

with him raising you on the turn, a BD flush is less likely because he'd be trying to call to see it instead of charging you.

To be honest, the villain's line is terribly fishy. What does he check - check/raise with on flop/turn?
Old 07-09-2007, 10:07 AM

I see a lot of minraises OOP with draws. Tonns. Especially since he knows if I checked flop I probably dont have a hand.