Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2007, 12:33 PM

Default CO Poker - bring it!

So it's been a while since Swede and I have been up to Black Hawk for some pokering, so it's well past time we go.

Swede and I are planning on going up to Black Hawk next Friday (March 23) and it'd be cool if some of you guys wanted to go, too. We're probably going to hit the Psycho 50 at the Gilpin and then some cash games. SplawnDarts, here's your chance to show us how huge a man you are. Maybe we'll even go see Juanez. All you other fools should go, too. Good times will be had by all.
Old 03-16-2007, 01:50 PM

Default Re: CO Poker - bring it!

SplawnDarts won't be there. He'll be trying to non-prove his claim of a long term $40/hour winrate at $2/5.

However, there is a very slight chance I'll join you in the Psycho 50. Very slight, becuase I hate rebuys, generally, but I love Gilpin structures.
Old 03-16-2007, 01:59 PM

Which hotel should I stay at? I figure I'd drive up Fri come back Sun. I'm in Grand Junction.
Old 03-16-2007, 02:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Which hotel should I stay at? I figure I'd drive up Fri come back Sun. I'm in Grand Junction.

[/ QUOTE ]
I've never stayed at any of the hotels there, so I'm no expert. If I were looking for one, though, I'd probably start at Ameristar (Mountain High).
Old 03-16-2007, 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
SplawnDarts won't be there. He'll be trying to non-prove his claim of a long term $40/hour winrate at $2/5.

However, there is a very slight chance I'll join you in the Psycho 50. Very slight, becuase I hate rebuys, generally, but I love Gilpin structures.

[/ QUOTE ]
I actually don't play tournaments at all any more and I also hate rebuys. There's a special place in my heart for the Psycho 50, though. It actually turns out to be a relatively good good tournament for around here because of all the idiots rebuying in the later rebuy rounds and then they're all-in again on their first hand. You end up with a lot of extra chips in play, which gives you a chance to get ahead of the blinds a little bit, not to mention the extra money in the prize pool, all without a whole lot of extra risk of being busted by these fools who keep rebuying.
Old 03-16-2007, 02:34 PM

shoulda done this a weekago and me and bonafone woulda come
Old 03-16-2007, 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
shoulda done this a weekago and me and bonafone woulda come

[/ QUOTE ]
It's alright - Black Hawk will still be there in a week, so you still have a chance.
Old 03-16-2007, 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is the Ameristar hotel open yet? If it is it'll be nice and new for ya. Otherwise there's the Lodge and the Isle of Capri. Don't wait until the end of the week though, as all the rooms up there tend to fill up by Thursday or Friday.

And, like Patrick said, the Psycho tourney works out pretty well. Not at all like most online rebuys, for example.

Swede
Old 03-16-2007, 03:42 PM

Actually, shoulda done it tonight, and I'd have been there. Wifey's outta town. Probably no real chance of me coming next Friday, even if I should be inclined.

If ever there's a critical mass up for a Gilpin tourney some other time, though, plz let me know.
Old 03-17-2007, 12:53 AM

I might be there (if you guys are going to turn it into a side bet, I'd say there's about a 30% chance I show... so make sure the payout reflects that).