Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2007, 06:17 AM

Default Re: New CardRunners website to launch tomorrow

[ QUOTE ]
Im using Safari on Mac OS X and when I want to go to www.cardrunners.com it redirects me to http://app1.cardrunners.com/ and I get an error that the site could not be opened.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exact same thing happens to me using Safari on Mac OS X 10.4.9 Tiger... which sucks because I really want to view the new CardRunners site on my Macs.

I get "Safari can’t open the page.
Too many redirects occurred trying to open “http://www.cardrunners.com/”. This might occur if you open a page that is redirected to open another page which then is redirected to open the original page."

Any thoughts?
Old 09-27-2007, 06:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm downloading now. Here's how I fixed it:

Open you hosts file (usually c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts) in notepad and add these lines:

66.209.214.49 cardrunners.com
66.209.214.49 www.cardrunners.com

Save file, restart your browser and download the cts vid!

[/ QUOTE ]

i try to do this but i cant save file, anyone knows what i did wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]

Could be cause it's a hidden file, try saving as "hosts.txt" or something, delete the old one, rename hosts.txt to hosts.

The "download video" button did not work in IE for me (gave me a Javascript error and nothing happened, this is in IE 7 on XP), but did in Firefox.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just find the file through My Computer and the HOSTS file will be there.
Old 09-27-2007, 06:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
taylor if you give me a free card runners membership i will consider doing a video for you.. i guarantee there is high demand for me, and i'm very marketable.

[/ QUOTE ]

tc,

I'll throw in $10 to the cause, if one of the conditions is, ae can't make a post about himself in threads that have nothing to do with him for 6months(on 2+2 or cr), while maintaining a similar rate of posts/day
Old 09-27-2007, 06:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
when I want to go to www.cardrunners.com it redirects me to http://app1.cardrunners.com/ and I get an error that the site could not be opened.

[/ QUOTE ]

Using Firefox 2.0.0.1 on linux

Same problem. Can't load page
Old 09-27-2007, 06:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Im using Safari on Mac OS X and when I want to go to www.cardrunners.com it redirects me to http://app1.cardrunners.com/ and I get an error that the site could not be opened.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exact same thing happens to me using Safari on Mac OS X 10.4.9 Tiger... which sucks because I really want to view the new CardRunners site on my Macs.

I get "Safari can’t open the page.
Too many redirects occurred trying to open “http://www.cardrunners.com/”. This might occur if you open a page that is redirected to open another page which then is redirected to open the original page."

Any thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

This also occurs using FireFox on Mac OS X 10.4.9 Tiger, it states "Redirection limit for this URL exceeded. Unable to load the requested page. This may be caused by cookies that are blocked."
Old 09-27-2007, 06:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
when I want to go to www.cardrunners.com it redirects me to http://app1.cardrunners.com/ and I get an error that the site could not be opened.

[/ QUOTE ]

Using Firefox 2.0.0.1 on linux

Same problem. Can't load page

[/ QUOTE ]
works fine here. Ie7 and windows xp
Old 09-27-2007, 06:28 AM

Ok Guys,

I've sent every problem I've seen to the developers and they are working on this. Please feel free to post comments on the CR forums or here etc., we realize it is a work in progress and we want to make the site the best we can.

The DNS issue should clear up over the next 12 hours or so for the people that are still having issues there - there wasa reason we couldn't do that ahead of time because of the DRM on the videos was hardcoded and each video would have had to be re encoded which would take forever. Even still, the videos wouldnt have been accessible for 12-24 hours.

Please continue to post problems here and email admins and we will keep working on them.

Thanks a lot,
tc
Old 09-27-2007, 06:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm downloading now. Here's how I fixed it:

Open you hosts file (usually c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts) in notepad and add these lines:

66.209.214.49 cardrunners.com
66.209.214.49 www.cardrunners.com

Save file, restart your browser and download the cts vid!

[/ QUOTE ]

When i try to open the file hosts.bac it says 'access is denied', even though I am an administrator. I am using vista by the way and turning off UAC doesn't make any difference. Also, I am an absolute spastic with computers. Is there something obvious I'm doing wrong?
Old 09-27-2007, 06:36 AM

pretty darn good first vid by cts!
Old 09-27-2007, 06:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This also occurs using FireFox on Mac OS X 10.4.9 Tiger, it states "Redirection limit for this URL exceeded. Unable to load the requested page. This may be caused by cookies that are blocked."

[/ QUOTE ]Works fine for me on Firefox on Mac OS X 10.4.10. Video downloaded too.