Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2007, 11:29 AM

Default Re: Horrible Board for KK

i would have re-raised on the flop.... that would have given you a better understanding of what you were up against he could be callin you w/ AJ or a10
Old 06-08-2007, 11:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This flop is probably one of the greatest you can see for KK, because you're getting action from a ton of hands. His range isn't only sets, JT6cc boards hit a ton of hands.

[/ QUOTE ]
How many of those hands are calling a 3-bet OOP? Of the non set hands I think it is AA, QQ, AK and AQs? AJ maybe? How many of the hands that have called that large 3-bet OOP are then firing on the flop and turn?

I really don't know and would like to learn.
Old 06-08-2007, 11:31 AM

I would seriously consider calling and here is why:

pre-flop I would put his range calling your re-raise to something like AA-JJ (maybe TT), AK, AQs, AJs possibly KQs if he is a donk.

ok now lets look at the line here post-flop. He leads out and makes a strong bet, you call, at this point my thoughts are AA, QQ, JJ, TT, AJ, KQ - so right away I'm thinking he may have hit a set or he is on a draw.

turn comes out T and he shoves. At this point I'm doubtful he has a set anymore or FH. If he flopped a set that has now become quads or the FH and you have shown no signs of slowing down, do you really think he is just going to shove with the nuts? I don't. At this point I'm thinking he is more than likely on a draw or is holding AA, QQ, AJ and is getting desperate.

I'm not saying it's an easy call, but if I had a larger sample size on this villain and I had some reads he is very loose I think I'm calling here. It's so marginal though lol.

Anyone agree? Am I way off?