Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2007, 11:10 PM

Default Re: baronzeus\' video

[ QUOTE ]
joe, damon has a significantly different personality than you (or i) and the phrase "Wow, I can't leave now, this game is great" has different much less detrimental meaning to his game. what's true for you and poker and tilt can be quite different for someone else, namely damon.

so dont be floored. ive played a ton with him and he's able to sit and completely not tilt in great games for many many more hours than most people after taking tons of sick beats and even making some misread based errors. you (and i) are much more easily demoralised by such things and for us (and baron probably) quitting can be better. but recognize why damon doesnt see it that way, it's not the issue for him the way it is for us. (he's not perfect, he has other issues).

i wont be checking back but i was asked to look at this thread. hopefully it's in context.

cheers, mike

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, and the simple fact that if I quit every time I made a mistake I would never get to play. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-20-2007, 12:20 AM

I'll watch the whole thing and take some notes, but I watched the first ten minutes and already disagreed with several decisions and what I feel are logic mistakes in some of your audio commentary. Also, is the involuntary swearing, derogatory comments, and other forms of tilt standard for all you guys? It shocks me when I see videos from people and they do this stuff - when I'm not making a video I literally don't speak the entire time I'm playing, I don't mutter at the computer screen etc. if I started doing that I would quit immediately and be thinking about a long break.

Never play live poker, you will go absolutely batshit crazy if these are the thoughts you typically have when watching hands played by poor players or taking bad beats.

More tomorrow I hope, also I hope I'm not attacking you too much personally, I think its tough for people to make a video of themselves especially when they run poorly and open themselves to all kinds of criticism.

-DeathDonkey
Old 08-20-2007, 12:25 AM

"Never play live poker, you will go absolutely batshit crazy if these are the thoughts you typically have when watching hands played by poor players or taking bad beats."

nah not really. obviously there's a lot more incentive to keep your cool with actual people all around vs. letting people hear you steaming over the internet.

plus there are cool ways to blow off steam playing live, like open folding and making everyone hate you. that's awesome.
Old 08-20-2007, 12:30 AM

yeah i definitely dont swear much when im playing by myself lol...i just was blurting out all my thoughts as the video was going
Old 08-20-2007, 12:36 AM

Hi comedy in this video on almost all hands.
Old 08-20-2007, 12:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi comedy in this video on almost all hands.

[/ QUOTE ]
'
thanks i try [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-20-2007, 09:45 AM

great comments so far guys. any of my logic gotten a bit off? DD said he saw some stuff
Old 08-20-2007, 11:20 AM

"DD said he saw some stuff "

like what?
Old 08-20-2007, 12:18 PM

youre over thinking things a lot, not applying occam's razor. you keep saying how youre getting put in tough spots but youre not really. it's just normal for people to play back a lot in 30-60 online games, so that shouldnt strike you as tough spots. you need to understand that their c/c's are stronger hands than you are giving them credit for and they are not going to fold pairs as often as you think they should.
Old 08-20-2007, 02:50 PM

oh hm i see now.