Wednesday 5 15.15%
Thursday 4 12.12%
Friday 4 12.12%
Saturday 3 9.09%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-15-2007, 12:09 AM

Default Re: College Football Week 7

MT2R,

You watch enough NCAAF that I trust you have an opinion on the overtime.

Personally, I would rather them go to NFL style, but that won't happen. I'd like them to move it to the 40. I guess keep the 2-pt conversion after the 2nd OT. I'm assuming in modern NCAAF having a tie would "screw up the computers," so I can't see that being voted in.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Myturn,

I became curious about the hardest four game stretch so I looked at the Pac 10.

After USC plays Notre Dame, they play at Oregon, versus Oregon State, at Cal and at Arizona State. I think that's significantly more difficult than at Penn State, home against Wisconsin and Illinois and then at Michigan.

Washington is in the last game of a run playing at home against Ohio State, at UCLA, versus UCLA and at Arizona State. That's pretty tough and they lost the first 3.

Unsurprisingly there are a lot of tough 3 game stretches bookended with easy games or 3 fairly tough games with an easy one thrown in. Four credibly tough games in a row is pretty rare.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree...that USC stretch looks tougher

but, as you pointed out, 4 games in a row against teams that could be considered for top25 is very rare. I think one thing that makes tOSU's a little tougher than it appears is the physicality (is this a word?) of the teams they will be playing. I expect Penn St, Wisky, Illinois, Mich to be very tough on a defensive front 7. Ohio State could definitely use an off week or a game v a Purdue like offense mixed into that run.

However, as you pointed out, there is at least one stretch better and a few with definite arguments.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
MT2R,

You watch enough NCAAF that I trust you have an opinion on the overtime.

Personally, I would rather them go to NFL style, but that won't happen. I'd like them to move it to the 40. I guess keep the 2-pt conversion after the 2nd OT. I'm assuming in modern NCAAF having a tie would "screw up the computers," so I can't see that being voted in.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm in agreement with you. It's too easy from the 25. I see the 40 or midfield as a good enough test that shouldn't lead to so many multiple OTs. I also hate how TD stats and whatnot are distorted.

I like the forced 2-pointer, but not a ton.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:19 AM

WAC doesn't look that bad this year. I hadn't paid any attention to the Non-BCS conferences and shame on me. With BSU's run last year this conferece was in the limelight and Hawaii was gonna bring that back this year but they really havent done that. SJSU looks like a possible bowl team, BSU obviously has a good shot, Hawaii is def in one. FSU is 2nd in the conference and most that FSU-BSU game might decide the 2nd bowl team. I guess its possible they could get 3 bowl teams, possibly, slim, 4.

But, even with BSU last year, it makes you really appreciate how good that Utah team was that beat Pitt in a BCS bowl. Not sure when we will see another Non-BCS team that good.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:23 AM

Defense? Who needs defense? God that was exhausting. Watched game at my house w/ two diehard Nevada fans. You have to admit, lack of defense makes for a very entertaining game.

My God, how do you give up 67 points and win???
Old 10-15-2007, 12:55 AM

That game was ridiculous, that you for whomever posted about the RUWT toolbar in that thread about alerting about close games or I would have missed it. I did like the color guy, whoever he was, sometime in the second overtime saying that he can remember almost every play of every football he's watched, after having previously acted surprised that Boise State beat Oklahoma last year and mistakenly thinking that LSU chose to go on offense first yesterday when they really just chose which side to defend after Kentucky chose defense first. Well done.
Old 10-15-2007, 01:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That game was ridiculous, that you for whomever posted about the RUWT toolbar in that thread about alerting about close games or I would have missed it. I did like the color guy, whoever he was, sometime in the second overtime saying that he can remember almost every play of every football he's watched, after having previously acted surprised that Boise State beat Oklahoma last year and mistakenly thinking that LSU chose to go on offense first yesterday when they really just chose which side to defend after Kentucky chose defense first. Well done.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought LSU won the OT toss and decided to defend?????
Old 10-15-2007, 01:50 AM

In second OT, LSU chose the side since Kentucky got to defend. I just found it amusing how this guy claimed to remember almost every football play he'd watched and then got something completely wrong which happened yesterday.
Old 10-15-2007, 08:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The announcer (Mike Patrick?) arguing that they should quit because the players are so tired from OT is retarded. The first two OTs took 5 plays; how tired can they be?

[/ QUOTE ]

By the way that was Bill Curry not Patrick, and he's awful. It's one thing to make the point he was making, it's another to ramble on complaining about it during each overtime period.
Old 10-15-2007, 08:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]

USF gets all the love, but Rich Brooks really should be coach of the year. Two years ago (or even last year at a few points) it was unthinkable for UK to even compete against, let alone defeat LSU/Louisville/etc. In my opinion this program has risen a lot higher in a much shorter amount of time than USF.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you even watch college football? Kentucky has ahd a Division Team for what, 100 years? USF started playing 11 years ago as a Division II school. They have no "5-star" recruits and can't compete with UF, FSU and UM for the cream of the crop in Florida. What Levitt has done with that program is unprecendented. Comparing UK to USF is apples and oranges.

USF's remaining schedule:

10/18 7:30 p.m. @ Rutgers
10/27 TBA @ Connecticut
11/03 TBA vs Cincinnati
11/10 TBA @ Syracuse
11/17 TBA vs Louisville
11/24 TBA @ Pittsburgh

They will be favored in every one of those games and the toughest two will are at home in front of sell-out crowds.