Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Limit-->NL
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-05-2007, 11:49 PM

Default Bad end of a straight, monotone flop, getting action

I am a marginally winning LHE player (micros) who has started experimenting with pot-limit and although I am winning nicely (over a small sample) I know that I don't really know what I am doing.

I have only been at the table for a few orbits, and have no individual reads or stats. However the table is playing very passive and quite loose preflop - 5 or 6 out of 9 people limping to the flop is typical. A couple of players have just left so we are down to 7. I limp in early position with suited connectors hoping to see a cheap flop with a few other limpers:

Poker Room skin
Pot Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.25
7 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
Hero: $41.50
UTG+1: $31.90
MP1: $41.45
CO: $23.20
Button: $22.25
SB: $1.55
BB: $14.80

Pre-flop: (7 players) Hero is UTG with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, CO calls, SB checks, BB checks.

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($1.5, 6 players)
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $1.25</font>,

I have flopped the idiot end of a straight, on a monotone flop (sadly not my suit!). I bet just a bit under the pot to see if anyone likes their hand, and maybe get loose calls from TP hands or one diamond hands (is this correct thinking? Should I have checked? Doesn't seem right to check with a vulnerable straight)

UTG+1 calls, <font color="#cc0000">MP1 raises to $6.5</font>, CO calls, 2 folds, Hero ... ?

Lots of action, I am behind a flush or higher straight - with all the preflop limpers there are almost certainly flush and higher straight draws out there. I don't think I should call. My instinct is to fold with this much action but is that too tight?