Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2007, 02:48 PM

Default Last hand before break

One of those "everyone is mucking and standing up to go to the bathroom" hands. I've been at table with Villain for like 3 hours and am VERY impressed with him. He looks barely 21, wearing a raggedy Ramones T-shirt, but you can tell just by looking at his face that he is taking in absolutely everything going on at the table. He's appropriately aggressive, opening more than his share of pots pre-flop, making some very good calls and four-bets when he gets 3-bet, but also slowing down, backing off, and folding when appropriate. I've mostly stayed out of his way, especially when out of position, but I've taken a few flops against him in position and generally gotten the better of him. I've been very quiet of late. From what I can tell, Villain respects me as a strong player capable of changing gears, stealing, restealing, etc.

Blinds 300/600/200. Action folds to Villain (150K) in CO. He makes his standard raise to 1700. BB is a pretty straight-forward guy 1ith like 15K, very likely to fold to this raise, and Villain knows that. Button folds, I am in SB with 28K and KJo. I'm ahead of Villain's raising range, but I feel like a standard re-raise sets him up very well to 4-bet shove on me. Obviously I'm not thrilled about playing OOP against him either. Do I call, re-raise and call a shove, re-raise and fold to a shove, or just put my tail between my legs and fold now?

Edit: Villain is rooming with Mark Vos and a guy named Dustin, quite possible Dirksen. Mark has come by the table several times to report on his ups and downs.
Old 07-07-2007, 03:29 PM

Default Re: Last hand before break

Yeah Vos is rooming with Dirksen.
Old 07-07-2007, 03:30 PM

Default Re: Last hand before break

why not just call and see a flop? that would be my play, especially if you have a decent read on him