Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2007, 03:22 PM

Default Re: Please allow me to introduce myself

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
We believe that the board issues of the PPA and their lack of transparency in many areas will eventually hurt the cause that they are fighting for and in which we agree with.

[ QUOTE ]
Wow MM comes across as a pompous arse.

[/ QUOTE ]

Enjoy your vacation.

MM

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, ego trip much? You want freedom to play cards on the internet but he cant have freedom to voice his opinion to you on your public forum?

[/ QUOTE ]

Mason wants the freedom to publish books without lending corporate endorsements to organizations and entities that he cannot comfortably endorse himself. While he may come off harsh, I'm fairly certain Mason only does this stuff to avoid any legal ramifications associated with any endorsement or advertising on their site... and likely feels that he doesn't (or shouldn't have to) explain all of this in detail because it should be inferred. I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with his stance on regulated online poker (or any potential advertiser posting in the open forum) and everything to do with how he chooses to run his business.

Remember that, in the end, Two Plus Two is a business that publishes books and other gambling related media. I don't necessarily think that means they won't get involved, but rather that they won't get involved with organizations they aren't 100% comfortable with. If you think Two Plus Two wants to see the end of poker expansion in the US, think again. They make their livings off of the influx of new players and I'm sure they would love to see another poker boom that is likely to follow any US regulation of the online gambling industry.