Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Notre Dame 8-1
1 0 0%
2 1 2.78%
3 1 2.78%
4 0 0%
5 1 2.78%
6 2 5.56%
7 2 5.56%
8 11 30.56%
9 5 13.89%
10 13 36.11%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-23-2007, 09:44 PM

Default Re: AP Visit: I\'m going to Costa Rica

Firstly, I would like to say bravo to Nat. Although I haven't posted up to this point, I have been reading, pretty much, everything that has been written here on 2+2. He did all of this work expecting nothing. Now it looks like he is going to get paid for it. Congrats! You deserve the money.

With that said, I do have one problem with your trip ("problem" doesn't seem like the correct word, but I'm brain cramping). In an earlier post, you said that you were withholding some information so that AP could continue to hang itself (paraphrasing). Do you plan on releasing this info? I only ask because I'm sure AP knows what you are holding. Hell, they sent it to you. What to stop them from saying, "We know what info you have, and we can't risk it being released. We're willing to offer you X amount of dollars not to released that info"?

I don't want you to think that I'm questioning your character. Like I said, you deserve to get paid for the work you've done. It has been extrodinary. On top of that, you seem like a real stand up guy. But if it were me, depending on what that "X amount" was, my whole hard drive would probably end up being in the fire place. I'm just keepin' it real. And I consider myself to be a stand up guy as well.

It just seems like it could make any statements or releases you have on this subject, after your trip, more open to criticism. It looks like a lose-lose situation. People are only going to believe you when you get back is if you rip AP a new one even if they don't deserve it.
Old 10-23-2007, 09:49 PM

since everyone is so concerned Nat and/or Adanthar? would allow themselves to be compromised, why don't you all start a fund to send them? Then you'll know they are there on YOUR dime, and if AP would balk at this, then we'll know that they are just blowing smoke.
Old 10-23-2007, 09:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I actually specified the price after discussing it with multiple people. AP instantly agreed.

[/ QUOTE ]

i prefer snapcalled.

[/ QUOTE ]
valuebet more

I think one of the best way to make sure this doesn't happen again is to go there with "the geek" that exploited this super account.
Old 10-23-2007, 09:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
since everyone is so concerned Nat and/or Adanthar? would allow themselves to be compromised, why don't you all start a fund to send them? Then you'll know they are there on YOUR dime, and if AP would balk at this, then we'll know that they are just blowing smoke.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see it as a slap in the face that people are questioning their judgment after all they have done these past few weeks. They helped uncover one of the biggest conspiracies ever in the poker world and now that they get the chance to go face to face we question them....

I for one could not think of 2 better people to go over there.
Old 10-23-2007, 10:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Organizational Chart: Before and After. They may not want to disclose the "innocent" or non-important managers/employees but we need to know the chain of command, especially all those of interest.

We need to know who was in charge and who is in charge.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was my first thought. Additionally, how will the changes in management result in the players gaining more faith in AP's security in the future. I have quite a few pages to go through yet, so someone else may have added this already. If so, sorry.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, for example there are certainly friends and family of the cheats high up in the company and in security.
Old 10-23-2007, 10:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I see it as a slap in the face that people are questioning their judgment after all they have done these past few weeks. They helped uncover one of the biggest conspiracies ever in the poker world and now that they get the chance to go face to face we question them....
I for one could not think of 2 better people to go over there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, and I shouldn't have said "everyone".
Old 10-23-2007, 10:16 PM

Nat,

This may be wasted breathe because I know people may have already stated it in this loooong thread and you have talked to the best who play poker, but I just wanted to say thanks for your efforts and reiterate...

Ask about how EXACTLY management is set up. This is something that has been so unclear with us [when Scott Tom was let go? ect.] that getting this down on paper would be great. You apparently have some great insider info. Make sure that the management they say they have matches up with what you know/think they have. I think in the end they just want to throw blame on people unrelated to the company [obv] so tying them down on who runs what could be helpful.

But, overall, if they are paying you to come down, I don't question you at all in the least. I just think it shows their extreme determination to cover things up. Best of luck buddy, make up proud!
Old 10-23-2007, 10:17 PM

give the 25% to a special team of 2p2 bodyguards in return for inspecting your transport, tasting food, etc. If none of this turns out to be necessary at least they can party and write awesome trip reports for us instead...

Seriously though you should definitely go and ignore the morons - look forward to the report.

Just the thought of Michael Moore makes my skin crawl, but what if you brought along a film crew? Maybe someone would want to do a news story or documentary on your trip?

Can you drink a lot? I would suggest going out your final evening with the Absolute staff who you've befriended and getting extremeely shitfaced, they will probably open up to you but worst case scenario after they pass out you draw penises on their faces and take photos, which imo would be a fairly nice way to round out this whole affair.