Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2007, 11:43 AM

Default Re: Online player struggling live in home game

[ QUOTE ]
Oh, anyone who thinks it is impossible to finish in the top 7 out of 45 in a Stars 3.25 or 6.50 45 man SNG close to 8 out of 10 times is just mistaken.....It is how I built my roll and now play almost all 25 and 50 NL, which is much more profitable than SNGs.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, absolutely ridiculous. First you post outrageously high claims for SnGs, and then you say you switched to something that is even "much more profitable" than that. Well done, you've levelled everyone here so far.
Old 10-16-2007, 12:08 PM

I feel dirty for responding without looking more closely
Old 10-16-2007, 04:09 PM

Ok I am going to do something different than I usually see on this forum, come clean if any of you care. The truth is I do not know what my true SNG stats are and was only trying to draw the disparity I have experienced in live vs online play and, as a previous poster said, pulled the stats out of my arse. I only got PT about 2 months ago when I made the move to 25nl and have no idea of my true record in these tourneys. All I know is it seems like I cash close to what I said and ground $50 into a balance over $800 in 4 months playing nothing but 3 and 5 table SNG after work and on my day off, maybe 12 hours a week or just a tad more on Stars and could not understand why my live tourney play was not as profitable.

I value the advice I get and enjoy the discussions on this forum and hope this one time of "imbellishing" the truth will not make anyone form an ill opinion of me as all I want to do is get better. It was a ridiculous thing to claim and even more ridiculous to try to justify it and for that I am sorry.

Brian
Old 10-16-2007, 05:22 PM

hehe, don't worry about it pal. I'm sorry I called you a lying scumbag and stuff I didn't even type! All is forgiven and I appreciate you were only ever asking for advice [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-17-2007, 01:59 PM

if you really want to come clean just give your handle and site so people can sharkscope you. so much easier than typing 5k words
Old 10-17-2007, 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The truth is I do not know what my true SNG stats are and was only trying to draw the disparity I have experienced in live vs online play...

[/ QUOTE ]

As has been mentioned, it's easy to go to sharkscope.com and see what your actual results are.

With regard to your home tourney results, it's hard to say because your sample size is too small to be reliable. You seem to have a solid number of online tourneys, but until you get a couple thousand home tourneys under your belt, you won't be able to get past the short term luck factor. Of course it could actually be that the style of play is different and you don't play well against that style. But unfortunately, it's very difficult to know with so few games.

I'm a winning player and I've suffered losing streaks far, far longer than yours. I was listed as a shark on sharkscope only a couple months ago, and went on a recent downturn over the last 150 SnGs that was so bad it's almost wiped out all my profits. (And anyone can go look me up on sharkscope :-) ) And there are much longer downturns than that reported. I defy you to find anyone with 1,000 games or more on sharkscope that has ROI higher than 20%. I have never seen one.