Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 12:26 PM

Default Re: It\'s been a pleasure working with you all *DELETED*

LOL @ 2+2 deciding it's their job to police the PPA.

I really think 2+2 is making a big mistake in regards to The Engineer, regardless of their stance on the PPA. TE was a member here long before he was on the board of the PPA. But not only that, he and their new president seem to slowly be making changes that are likely leading the organization in the direction of receiving the 2+2 endorsement. Furthermore, he doesn't even post here as a representative of the PPA at all. He simply posts here as himself, but I guess he can't even do that anymore.

Shame on 2+2.

'boy
PPA non-contributing member
professional poker player
Carpal Tunnel Member of 2+2
Supernova Elite on PokerStars

Hope I didn't forget a title.
Old 11-10-2007, 01:06 PM

Default Re: It\'s been a pleasure working with you all

[ QUOTE ]
I have been a bit critical of Mason in other threads (and was very glad to see the previous statement removed) but I don't think it is unreasonable for the Engineer to make clear that he is a PPA board member - not a PPA spokesperson - in his posts.

Engineer keep doing what you are doing but take pride in being a PPA Board member!(NOT PPA SPOKESPERSON)

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure everyone here knows my role with PPA already. I'm not trying to conceal it. I already suggested 2+2 change my title (the one under my screen name) to reflect my PPA role. I simply can't use the specific formatting requested by Mason, as it implies that my posts are from the PPA (even with a disclaimer).
Old 11-10-2007, 01:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
LOL @ 2+2 deciding it's their job to police the PPA.

I really think 2+2 is making a big mistake in regards to The Engineer, regardless of their stance on the PPA. TE was a member here long before he was on the board of the PPA. But not only that, he and their new president seem to slowly be making changes that are likely leading the organization in the direction of receiving the 2+2 endorsement. Furthermore, he doesn't even post here as a representative of the PPA at all. He simply posts here as himself, but I guess he can't even do that anymore.

Shame on 2+2.

'boy
PPA non-contributing member
professional poker player
Carpal Tunnel Member of 2+2
Supernova Elite on PokerStars

Hope I didn't forget a title.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks to you and everyone here who spoke in my favor. I'm proud of what we were all able to do, and I'm sure we'll all continue to fight for our rights. I'll be around on occasion, and I'll continue to post on the PPA forum.

Take care everyone.
Old 11-10-2007, 01:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll be around on occasion

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice work Mason. We had someone who went above and beyond on his own time and effort and rallied alot of us to take action that no one else was able or willing to do.

As a result of his efforts he was asked to join the Board of the PPA (and I assume move the board to a better make-up )

I think you got the whole chicken and egg situation messed up and I finally got the feeling that "one of us" was finally inside the PPA and we had more say and knew what was going on.

Mason, I think you may have just broken down a man who was dedicated to helping our cause and who was just a online poker player. I am ashamed!
Old 11-10-2007, 01:40 PM

<< We had someone who went above and beyond on his own time and effort and rallied alot of us to take action that no one else was able or willing to do. >>

I agree. Just we need, knocking out the guy who has worked unbelievably hard for the players.

This censorship and attitude here is disgusting.

It's a freakin chatroom. People should be allowed to act freely.

Engineer - this is the internet. We're fighting for freedom as players - we should have freedom as posters as well.

Let's find another forum where we can exchange ideas. I personally will follow you anywhere.

Let's see if my post gets deleted.
Old 11-10-2007, 02:09 PM

Mason,

I have always been grateful for 2+2, and I have never before posted on topics related to how these forums are run. I also recognize that obviously you have every right to hold your neutral-to-negative opinion about the PPA. As you noted, your (apparent) tact and restraint in expressing these negative opinions here is certainly in the poker community's best interest. Like you, while I agree with their cause and hope they succeed, I have not always been satisfied with their transparency or progress relative to monies spent.

However, you apparently don't properly appreciate the INDIVIDUALS who voluntarily contribute on this board working to fight for the same cause. This stubborn decision may be sufficiently nitty and controlling to drive away people volunteering their time and energy, both inside and outside the PPA. Feel free to remember that we don't all make money from 2+2, and that some of the very posters you are either handcuffing or alienating with your decisions were primarily here to give back and help this community.

BTW, the rationalizations and foreshadowings you provided about the PPA still do not address why you don't trust 2+2ers enough to be able to read a title. While most here were willing to concede that having some form of ID to link posters to the PPA was reasonable, you're close to alone in thinking that a title was insufficient.

Keep up the good work exercising hyper-control over things that don't matter to at the expense of issues that do.

Old 11-10-2007, 02:11 PM

This is deplorable. It's a great example of why our foes are so much more effective than ourselves. We cooperate like we are playing poker with each other, and with the same degree of aggressiveness and pursuit of dominance over each other. The Engineer, IMHO, is one of the real heroes of this fight. And, I might add, has been much more effective than the owners of this forum in advancing our cause and leading us to work together. Are we suicidal, or are we just so psychotic that we'll always remove an effective player from the table when given the chance?
Old 11-10-2007, 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'll be around on occasion

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice work Mason. We had someone who went above and beyond on his own time and effort and rallied alot of us to take action that no one else was able or willing to do.

As a result of his efforts he was asked to join the Board of the PPA (and I assume move the board to a better make-up )

I think you got the whole chicken and egg situation messed up and I finally got the feeling that "one of us" was finally inside the PPA and we had more say and knew what was going on.

Mason, I think you may have just broken down a man who was dedicated to helping our cause and who was just a online poker player. I am ashamed!

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-10-2007, 02:31 PM

I'm going to lock this for the moment--Mason will ultimately make his decision and I think all points of view have been offered for him to consider.
Closed Thread