Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-2007, 03:14 PM

Default Hows your attitude? LC

Over the past couple months I have been giving the state of the games, and in my case micro-limits, alot of thought, as I am quite certain is everyone else that plays with any level of seriousness.

Post Frist poker has raised many questions, most of which are unanswerable, which for me at least is pretty damn frustrating.

The game has and is continuing to evolve as has been mentioned in numerous posts of late, and like it or not, I can't do a thing about it.

What I can do something about is my own actions, both technically and otherwise, and especially my attitude.

Most tables these days are packed with regulars and low on fish, at least my tables, and that is far from optimal, obviously. What is worse is I see the same amount of berating of the fish if not more as when things were normal.

This is of course lunacy, if my goals are to profit.

What business, and this IS a business for many on this forum, could even hope to survive while treating their customers like garbage?

Even in good times, let alone hard times!

"...and another thing you moron, not only dont you know what you are doing, but how can you possibly be such an idiot to do business with me?? You could get the same thing down the street for half the money., what a xxxing idiot!"

Personal accountability is key, along with an honest self-appraisal, otherwise I am no better than the gambler, hoping for a big win.

I really think that if I am berating bad play, teaching at the table, and just generally making people feel unwelcome at the tables, thus less likely to jump through the hoops required to even get money on the sites, that I am very far away from being a winning player, regardless of what poker tracker might say.

We are all human and this is a tough game, so we can all fall into this behavior quite quickly. One of the things I do if I notice myself with a nasty attitude is to just shut off my chat, that way I am less likely to say someting I shouldn't.

What are some things you guys are dong to keep your head in the game?
Old 03-04-2007, 03:21 PM

Default Re: Hows your attitude? LC

here is a post that might relate: here

It is a msnl post, but still has some good thoughts and the like.
Old 03-04-2007, 03:57 PM

Default Re: Hows your attitude? LC

(1) There are sites with better opponents and worse opponents. www.pokerlistings.com has a good overview of how strong the competition is at different sites. I use that information always to my advantage. For example I left UB ring games and moved to Absolute. Unbelievable how different the level of competition can be at different sites!
(2) I never talk at the table, even if someone says NH to me or whatever.
(3) Table selection is very, very important. Even in the micro limits. Be aware of that every time you play.
(4) No matter what business you are running, you can't stop learning and getting better. Poker is a game of skill and of experience. As more experience we make, as better we should be! If you stop improving, shut down your business!
(5) I know I will make a living from Poker, not yet, but in a year or two. Noone and nothing can stop me!