View Poll Results: What would you do with AA here
All-in 7 43.75%
Fold 8 50.00%
Call 1 6.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 06:44 PM

Default Re: .

the thing is i have 10 $100 bills from my last vegas trip. this is the only us cash I have since i'm canadian and don't usually deal with it.

will i be able to use it and get change for it easily?
Old 11-20-2007, 06:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the thing is i have 10 $100 bills from my last vegas trip. this is the only us cash I have since i'm canadian and don't usually deal with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't try to use it to buy things. Just go to one of the hundreds of kiosk type money changing places in Bangkok and get them turned into baht as you need them. Or deposit the money at your Canadian ATM while at home and withdraw at will when in Thailand.
Old 11-20-2007, 11:25 PM

Does anyone know of any flights from BKK to the US east coast? I'm trying to get to Hartford or Boston but flying into NY or Philly first would be fine.
Old 11-21-2007, 03:31 AM

Can you go on organized hunting trips atall?
Old 11-21-2007, 04:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone know of any flights from BKK to the US east coast? I'm trying to get to Hartford or Boston but flying into NY or Philly first would be fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty sure Thai Airways has direct flights from BKK to JFK. 17 hrs non-stop.
Old 11-21-2007, 05:40 AM

about the 1-5 dec yellow shirt thing. i have asked around and even my girlfriend had no idea about it.
of course she doesnt wear the yellow tshirt on mondays cause she hates the color so i have no idea how credible she is

So anyways.
Dont cook with tap water. no matter how long you boil it for you're gonna get sick(my 2nd time today... im a genius)
Old 11-21-2007, 05:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]yeah. 100 and 50 bills are better actually. (better rate)
Old 11-21-2007, 05:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hey, seems like they are lots of visitors right now/verry soon?! just so you know, everyone "has to" wear yellow shirt/t-shirt/polo between 1 and 5th december for the king's 80th birthday! (yes, farangs too)

[/ QUOTE ]

is this true? i'm flying into bangkok tomorrow. i'll probably be there for < week then on to somewhere else. no plans. the only yellow shirt i own is a university hockey intramurals champions one. i could always buy one, but i think i'll bring that, and dump it after the 5th.

anyone want to meet up? pm me

[/ QUOTE ]60baht for a yellow t-shirt. I have no intention of wearing those yellow polo with the logo. and yeah, that's the first piece of yellow garment I've ever bought [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

anyway, it's not a law or anything, just an official request.
Old 11-21-2007, 10:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hey, seems like they are lots of visitors right now/verry soon?! just so you know, everyone "has to" wear yellow shirt/t-shirt/polo between 1 and 5th december for the king's 80th birthday! (yes, farangs too)

[/ QUOTE ]

is this true? i'm flying into bangkok tomorrow. i'll probably be there for < week then on to somewhere else. no plans. the only yellow shirt i own is a university hockey intramurals champions one. i could always buy one, but i think i'll bring that, and dump it after the 5th.

anyone want to meet up? pm me

[/ QUOTE ]60baht for a yellow t-shirt. I have no intention of wearing those yellow polo with the logo. and yeah, that's the first piece of yellow garment I've ever bought [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

anyway, it's not a law or anything, just an official request.

[/ QUOTE ]

The yellow shirt sucks [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
I am going up to kanchaburi for a festival at the river kwai around 28novb-05dec anyone that knows anything about it ore is going? The locals dosent seem to know much about it actually
Old 11-21-2007, 12:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The yellow shirt sucks [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
I am going up to kanchaburi for a festival at the river kwai around 28novb-05dec anyone that knows anything about it ore is going? The locals dosent seem to know much about it actually

[/ QUOTE ]

The yellow shirt sucks? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Also, Kanchanaburi is a really nice area. I've never been for the festival (which I think remembers those lost) but the town is great.

Relaxed, river centric (obviously) and is quite slowly paced, if you avoid all the tour buses. I got a riverhut, used the bicycle they had to get around and saw all the historical sites. A pretty somber place, but well worth the visit and the scenic train ride in.

In any case, a quick Google search found a bunch of stuff on the festival itself.

[ QUOTE ]

Every year in late November and early December the River Kwai Bridge Festival is celebrated. Highlight of the festival is the Sound & Light Show, which tells the history of the Death Railway, the Hellfire Pass and the Bridge on the River Kwai. Once the 415 km long Death Railway runs from Thailand to Burma to support there the japanese defence lines.

[/ QUOTE ]

I also found some photos of the laser show and fireworks over the bridge.

http://www.travelfish.org/feature/40
Closed Thread