Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2007, 10:16 AM

Default Re: *** Official 2007 Rugby World Cup

Alright, I'm calling Springboks over Argentina 30-9 and Springboks over England 20-11
Old 10-14-2007, 10:19 AM

I'm calling Argentina to beat the spread (+9)
Old 10-14-2007, 11:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
THe fact is, only Daniel Carter is as good of a kicker as wilkinson in teh world, and both of them make kicking look easy

[/ QUOTE ]

Paterson doesn't exist then?

[/ QUOTE ]

he's scottish so he doesn't count
Old 10-14-2007, 05:34 PM

I'm gonna say one good thing about the French - at least they didn't cry like little girls.
Old 10-14-2007, 06:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm gonna say one good thing about the French - at least they didn't cry like little girls.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, I was at a different bar today and started shouting "Argentina is weak!" when they were crying during their national anthem and some guy who was at least 60 years old asked me if I wanted to fight.
Old 10-14-2007, 08:29 PM

England fared so much better during World War II, curled up in the fetal position on their little island.

Old 10-14-2007, 11:05 PM

South Africa have to win the final to save the game of Rugby.
England have been down right appauling right up to this world cup and a team to be beaten 36-0 in pool games is a disgrace to the competition for them to make it through. They have one player that has been inspurational and that is wilkinson. The rest I would not want to put in a high school team.
French were lucky to make it as the 20 minutes of the NZ game as the ref made very bad decisions which have inturn put the best team out. France also made bad tactical moves in the last 10 minutes that cost them the game. England would of been no match for New Zealand and this has wruined in what would of been a spectical final between SA and NZ.
South Africa will destroy England again in the final IMO to save the game of rugby. looking forward to some south African tries to stop the final being a dour and boring game.
Old 10-15-2007, 01:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
South Africa have to win the final to save the game of Rugby.
England have been down right appauling right up to this world cup and a team to be beaten 36-0 in pool games is a disgrace to the competition for them to make it through. They have one player that has been inspurational and that is wilkinson. The rest I would not want to put in a high school team.
French were lucky to make it as the 20 minutes of the NZ game as the ref made very bad decisions which have inturn put the best team out. France also made bad tactical moves in the last 10 minutes that cost them the game. England would of been no match for New Zealand and this has wruined in what would of been a spectical final between SA and NZ.
South Africa will destroy England again in the final IMO to save the game of rugby. looking forward to some south African tries to stop the final being a dour and boring game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I'm with you mate. Granted it's largely emotional at not being able to see the masterful NZ or Aus sides playing, but boy is England rugby ever ugly. They just play defense, get some penalties, make some kicks, and with some luck they can win these low scoring games against anyone. You have to give them credit for doing a really good job of controlling the games and forcing the style they want to play, but it's boring ugly scrappy rugby and it's disappointing that this is what we get in the knockout games.

And the England defense has been phenomenal, you have to give them credit for that. But SA will kill them. England doesn't seem to have any ability to attack at all so if SA can just score a few tries they'll be out of reach.
Old 10-15-2007, 03:21 AM

To be fair Englands defence has been sound. But really they dominated Australia because of the Australian's lacklustre front row. France, well it is determined whether or not they turn up mentally on the day or not. Bringing Michelac on was a mistake as the other flyhalf was doing so well. Their kicking and tactical game was poor in the last 10 minutes.
You are right england have no attack and just want to set every play up for a drop goal. The South African Forwards will prove to physical and tough for the Dour English side who will have all their reliance on classy Wilkinson. I think this is going to be a 20 point spread to the box.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
England fared so much better during World War II,

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes they did didnt they. Despite getting the crap blown out of our "little Island" we managed to wage war in Africa, Asia, the middle east and Europe all at the same time.

- i think in future we should leave countries who surrender without a fight to suffer the consequences of their inaction's.

Runners.

As for the rugby, considering England dont have the best team by some distance they have done extremely well.

They have consistently stifled the superior game of their opponents when it mattered and are now in the final again. Where the WORLD CHAMPIONS belong.

HA