Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2007, 06:59 AM

Default Re: 50NL KK

most pp will fold to a cbet on the flop, if I check he might just call a bet on the turn. I dont cbet the flop for info, I take the line that will get me most value. Betting the flop will make a lot hands fold that I beat.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:00 AM

No it does not. If he called preflop with 22, he sure is calling a cbet on no A no K board.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
most pp will fold to a cbet on the flop, if I check he might just call a bet on the turn. I dont cbet the flop for info, I take the line that will get me most value. Betting the flop will make a lot hands fold that I beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, so you won't accept the advice of everyone else who posted here,so why even post this? We have no idea how to play the turn given how you played flop. Are you happy with the situation you are in now? Is there any worse scenario possible? Could it have been avoided by betting flop? Did your line give you any value? Can I have your IPoker name too? You are tilting me so much right now.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:07 AM

Why are you 3betting preflop. That will get a fold more often than your cbet will. Just call pf, call flop, call turn, cr river. There's how you get the value. Don't even worry about what the board is or what villain does.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
We have no idea how to play the turn given how you played flop. Are you happy with the situation you are in now? Is there any worse scenario possible?

[/ QUOTE ]I don't think this line is worthless, just should be done very very rarely. And, you MUST felt the hand when taking the line. Either shove the turn or call and open shove the river. Not knowing where we are at isn't *that* big of a problem. Have a huge hand and played it for maximum confusion. Going to get paid off pretty wide IMO... unless you do it a lot and they know it.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:20 AM

I doubt we disagree, but I am just so tilted by OPs reaction to all the advice. Sure, this line is fine if you are committed to your hand. But, if hero is going to take this line "to get maximum value," and then when he gets raised on the turn he is going to think "I dont think CO is raising very wide, he maybe calling quite wide. But he is raising a range that beats my KK," and then think about folding, then hero's line is worthless.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:20 AM

@ gregorio relax man, this forum is for discussion, when I post a hand and I try to explain the way I played it, you all of a sudden think I dont take any advice.
I agree it is not a standard line, but a discussion about this line seems better then just post the hand, listen to what you got to say and close the topic.

If this tilts you already, I love to have your sn on any pokersite.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]

If this tilts you already, I love to have your sn on any pokersite.

[/ QUOTE ]
HU4RLZ!@!@!!!!!!!!!!!11!!1!11!!!
Old 11-27-2007, 07:27 AM

I was about to type something not so nice, but well lets just ignore you. Cant handle a propper discusion it seems.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Betting the flop will make a lot hands fold that I beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really hate this line of reasoning and I see it everywhere. Its theoretically sound but its fundamentally ridiculous. The point is, you're not trying to "not fold out" worse hands, youre trying to get value from them, and there's a huge difference. You have to decide whether checking is better than betting by asking yourself "is he going to call with XX anyway?" He's going to fold 34o on this board, but so what? Does that mean we should check our overpair? Of course it doesnt.

You dont know what he has, but if he has something like JJ, he wont call without improving anyway, so checking is really awful because it just gives him a free card. On the other hand, if he has JJ with a backdoor flush draw, or some kind of FD or maybe AK with a backdoor draw, you can pressure him into making a mistake by betting, whereas you hand the power to him when you check.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with betting this flop and having him fold.