Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2006, 11:23 AM

Default Question ! -- Sequence of Games in Mixed Games.

Hi guys - heres an odd question for you.

What should the sequence of the various games be in a Mixed Games format? Obviously its a given with HORSE or other "named by initials" format. But what if the players want to start adding or deleting games? Or, when starting a Mixed Game, if the players make some strange choices?

Should you keep the Flop games together, then Stud games, then Draw games? Or, just keep the games with blinds together and the games with antes together? Or does it matter at all?

What have you seen in various games and what seems to work best?

Thanks
Old 12-11-2006, 04:24 PM

Default Re: Question ! -- Sequence of Games in Mixed Games.

HOOTERS- is how I think it should go

Holdem
Omaha
Omaha 8ob
Two-Seven Lowball
Eight or better Stud
Razz
Seven Card Stud

I think that mixed games should only be played in tourneys though or B&M that way it is harder for someone to just play one or two of the games and leave. The purpose of mixed games should be to see who is the best overall poker player right? Therefore it should incorporate alot of forms of games that everyone must play. Perhaps even some 5 card draw or stud should be in the too.
Old 12-11-2006, 08:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi guys - heres an odd question for you.

What should the sequence of the various games be in a Mixed Games format? Obviously its a given with HORSE or other "named by initials" format. But what if the players want to start adding or deleting games? Or, when starting a Mixed Game, if the players make some strange choices?

Should you keep the Flop games together, then Stud games, then Draw games? Or, just keep the games with blinds together and the games with antes together? Or does it matter at all?

What have you seen in various games and what seems to work best?

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Often, the player who wins the button draw when the game forms chooses the order of the games (by setting the order of the plaques with the game titles on them). I generally put a triple draw game first to juice up the action as fast as possible.

As for changing the games... deletions are more common than insertions, and are handled in the obvious way (call the floor, make sure everyone agrees, make sure it doesn't violate some cardroom policy, chuck the plaque).

--Nate
Old 12-11-2006, 09:23 PM

TORSE is the new HORSE.

BET is the new BOT, but BOT is so new that BET can't really be the new BOT.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 12-11-2006, 09:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

BET is the new BOT

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope so, because I'm sickeningly bad at Omaha. Now I just have to go ROBUSTO and stop playing in the calm waters of the kiddie pool.
Old 12-13-2006, 08:50 PM

Anyone else notice that the HO tables at Full Tilt are 6 handed? Let me be the first to start the completely unfounded rumour that these tables will be switched over to H20 (HOT?) whenever FT finally adds triple draw.
Old 12-13-2006, 10:19 PM

Does anyone else agree with me that multi-game tables need to be tourneys or require ppl to play a certain amount?
Old 12-13-2006, 10:40 PM

The fact that good games have waitings lists pretty much eliminates any significant advantage of doing a hit and run for your best games in the mix.

I think this could be solved easily by just not allowing people to sit out more than a few hands at a time without getting booted. The big issue is when over half of the table sits out for 10 hands because they don't like that one game in the mix.

At the same time, the kind of people that worry about sitting out because they don't know how to play one form of poker are generally not the most important players to have at your table.
Old 12-14-2006, 01:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone else agree with me that multi-game tables need to be tourneys or require ppl to play a certain amount?

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 12-14-2006, 02:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't.

I think this is more of a problem in theory than in practice. I have yet to see somebody sitting out of anything but Hold'em at the Stars HORSE table. (And that is usually because they don't want to post in bad position.)

Requiring play is an awful idea. I don't want to be forced to play HO blinds just because the table was so slow at RSE that I have to leave.

In mid and high-stakes live games there will often be a time charge, so if somebody wants to pay money to sit out, why object? It might be fun to see Stars implement that instead of a rake. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]