Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2006, 04:47 PM

Default Re: New video up

I keep getting a CODEC error, and i lowred my security level, but no luck.

Sarge[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Old 11-26-2006, 05:12 PM

google defiler pak
Old 11-28-2006, 09:00 PM

Didn't get around to watching this until today. Liking everything I've seen so far.

I'm not sure what your reads on these guys are, but in my experience bruce18lee seems pretty normal/possibly solid. Haven't seen anything weird from him and don't even really remember any hands I've been involved with against him, so perhaps he's over tight.

Semiclear I originally through was HORRIBLE and my notes had all kinds of stuff about how rough he drew and retardedly over aggro he was. After a while I started to come to the conclusion he was just on tilt or something before, because every time I got in a pot with him he started showing me solid hands every time. I still don't think he's too good as he's coldcalled raises on the button and drawn 3 and 3bet/caps in stupid spots sometimes and draws 2 when he's either tied/behind 100$ of the time. He's one of the few players that plays similar to what I was used to in the UB games.

You folded some of the crap that you were 3 betting like crazy before. I like the 236 fold in the BB a lot, no clue how the dude caps with a 2 card draw out of the sb.

Oops, just got to one I didn't like. I don't see a point in defending 45 vs bruce in the big blind vs his sb open. These guys play super straight forward, your hand sucks.

Now I saw one that I liked a lot when you broke the 3679T and drew to the 367. I doubt that 97 would have been good against him, but I definitely like capping after the first draw. Your idea of calling and seeing if he's pat or draws 1 is okay, but if you stand pat like that against me when I draw 1 I'm going to c/r you on the next draw every time since I know your hand isn't very good.

At first this game looked too tight, now it's looking quite good. Semiclear is probably the second best by default just since he's aggro and value bets pretty hard. Pokerbot/bruce18 just seem to be too tight, though I haven't played much with pokerbot before. Rare/milkiram just seem terrible. Rarecf seems way too passive once he makes something, milkiram is playing like a complete retard.

I like the 348 fold as rare/semiclear seem to be super aggro 3 bettors with 2 card draws, if one or both of them was normal I'd raise here once in a while depending on boredom level.

Please don't keep the 6 with 4567. Thank you, you got rid of it. It's looking even better, you threw it away when you bricked off after drawing 2 to an already mediocre hand.

I fold 3457 UTG in a full game, especially with rare/semi behind.

Again I like folding 356 after bricking vs Pokerbot's button raise. He's been tight.

I would actually give consideration to 3 betting semiclear on the 2347 hand. This is one of the spots where he's way overaggro in my experience. I think I'd probably call, but against semiclear I always want to be more aggressive.

The 235 c/c after first draw vs bruce when you both draw 2 I like. Occassionally I bet, I like checking more often though.

The hand where you break the 98 I would c/r stand pat and value bet the river. This guy doesn't like folding, I expect you to have the best hand and get paid really often here. Sounds like he had the same hand. I doubt he would have broke it. I think breaking/calling is close against this guy, against someone remotely nonretarded I'd break.

Coldcall with 245. Yay. Beat. I would have c/r the first draw and hopefully get HU. Value bet river, who knows what these animals will call with. You have to overcall, rare is just too weird. I think you're beat but the pot is big enough to make him show you.

The main thing so far is that you really need to work on getting more winning hands.

Fold 268 please, thank you. Bruce seems tight, but I still 3bet any 2W8 except 278. 268 is just too weak.

Yeah, rarecf is a moron. So far he's basically just playing his cards and nothing else. This probably makes your 87 fold better.

Good fold with 27 on the button against the 2 aggro blind guys.

I do like Bruce's cap, semi clear is going to 3 bet wide there on the end.

Don't snow rarecf please. 278 is better as a value raise against him.

I don't break the 98753, stay pat and hope things work out. At least you got lucky. Value bet is standard and there's no other way to play it against him than bet/fold.

Any thoughts on just staying pat with the 24589 from the beginning when he draws 3? I think that might be a better play even though I play it the same as you. When he draws 2 again I'd probably draw 1, 2458 is probably about the same equity wise as the T8, but if you both make something you'll win more, so I think it's the best play.

Rare isn't tightening up, he just defended and drew 4.

2457 I like your bet to get someone before the last draw. I think value betting less than a T on the end when he checks is bad, as you are seeing these guys are way passive as I think he should have value bet the T he made on the end. I don't much care for a call with your Q in these games, the only reason I don't hate it is because he's an unknown.

I like just calling draw 2 with 238 instead of 3 bet draw 2389 vs bruce. He will always have a solid 2 card draw when he opens, in position I'd rather not draw at 98 against him.

Cap vs rarecf is standard, he is pat, oh well. I like the rough 8 raise/value bet.

I'd consider raising 86 vs bruce simply because I like my hand, calling is probably better in these games. On UB I think you have a fairly standard raise. I think I might raise here still, I think there's a fair chance it's a mistake though.

I'd fold 357 on the button, I just plain do not want to play against these guys with rough hands. After that I like it, he won't fold better than 987, but you surely have to be drawing live often enough to the 87.

I actually don't think the value bet with 876 is that bad if he knows how much rarecf likes calling.

Don't snow the 222KJ. Good.

Bruce isn't c/r the river in that spot ever, nobody in these games is. Rarecf had an easy value bet, he's just terrible.

DEAR GOD DO NOT THINK ABOUT DEFENDING 46. YOU'VE GOT FOUR SIX. Thank goodness.

Why didn't you raise your 256 yet? Oh no, what happened? You just threw away a monster. TT gives pretty good advice but I think he's a little overzealous about the 6. 236/246/256 are still pretty solid UTG. 267 sucks wang though.

247 calling 2.5 is alright. YES THAT'S HOT I LIKE THE 3 BET VS SEMICLEAR. I don't know about betting the end to fold a 9/T, pot is big but people don't seem to show up with a T/9 very often when they call at the end in this spot. I absolutely love the 3 bet against semiclear because of how aggro he is though.

I'd c/r value bet if rare was the only caller on the 87643 just like before. I think I might bet still. That scoundrel just keeps showing up with better hands, he's playing too many hands, he has to make crappy hands sometimes.

OH NO NOT AGAIN YES THANK YOU. I was afraid you'd fold the 256 UTG. 3 ball it, wrto is a moron.

FWIW I think you can fold 87543 to rarecf on the end vs his raise on the end, I haven't seen anything making me think he'll raise with worse as a bluff or for value.

I think you played WAY better in this vid, however you ran equally terrible. There was only one hand I didn't like at all, the 45 defense.
Old 11-28-2006, 09:24 PM

ha, now I have to play the vid again and have my secretary read your commentary as its running. nice. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-28-2006, 09:48 PM

I may be a nit, but I'd really prefer it if you didn't call specific people out for being bad. I mean, the 5/10 has maybe 10 regulars.

Sure, some of these guys are overly loose or overly tight and they either fold too much or not enough on the end, but they're playing poker not signing up for you to critque their every move in a forum that comes up on the first page of search results if they ever Google their names. The games are sparse enough as it is.
Old 11-28-2006, 11:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I may be a nit, but I'd really prefer it if you didn't call specific people out for being bad. I mean, the 5/10 has maybe 10 regulars.

Sure, some of these guys are overly loose or overly tight and they either fold too much or not enough on the end, but they're playing poker not signing up for you to critque their every move in a forum that comes up on the first page of search results if they ever Google their names. The games are sparse enough as it is.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't call their names out if they weren't there for everyone to see in the video. I don't think I've ever made a post talking about a specific person except for posts with videos. A lot of my advice is based on reads of the certain people, I just described the way they played as simply and accurately as I can. I seriously doubt what some random guy types on an internet message board is going to make these guys play any different or quit playing, and to be perfectly honest, I don't really care in a 5/10 game.

BTW, I recorded a video tonight at 5/10, how do I get it from my computer to the internet? I'm a moron when it comes to these types of things. It's a fun vid since I run crazy hot early on and can do no wrong. Raymer also makes an appearance. There's no audio, just a ton of me typing in the chat box with thoughts/questions/random comments.
Old 11-29-2006, 08:04 AM

Howmany: Thanks for the great notes. For your video, you need a way to host it. There are some websites that let you put up a video to be downloaded for free but most are flawed in one way or another. If you can't find anyone to host it for you I probably can though my bandwidth is a bit goofed right now. Maybe catch me on AIM tomorrow if you want me to do that and you can send the video to me (DeathDonkey1 on AIM).

randomstumbl: I pretty much agree with you about calling people bad or whatnot, I play a lot of live poker so I know how that goes. I tried hard in my video to describe the way people were playing and how I might react to that instead of saying "so and so is horrible so I need to do this..." etc. I think its basically impossible to do a video and not say "so and so is playing fairly loose" or "he is passive on the end" etc.

-DeathDonkey