Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2007, 05:01 AM

Default NL25 Set of Aces against big stack and small stack

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 9 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $9.90
BB: $24.15
UTG: $2.77
<font color="black">Hero (UTG+1): $48.77</font>
MP1: $8.69
MP2: $60.40
MP3: $14.75
CO: $15.15
BTN: $24.30

<font color="black">Reads: </font><font color="blue">No reads on MP2
MP1 seems to be a calling station, VPIP 50%</font>

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (9 Players)
UTG calls $0.25, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.30</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $1.30, MP3 calls $1.30, 4 folds, UTG calls $1.05

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($5.55) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (4 Players)
UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $2.21</font>, MP2 calls $2.21, MP3 calls $2.21, UTG folds

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($12.18) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $4.50</font>, MP2 calls $4.50, MP3 calls $4.50

<font color="black">River:</font> ($25.68) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets all-in for $40.76</font>
Old 05-23-2007, 05:05 AM

Default Re: NL25 Set of Aces against big stack and small stack

bet 3.75 on the flop, and then around 13 on the turn.

You're letting them draw to their draws way to cheaply. I'd just be happy none of them hit
Old 05-23-2007, 05:10 AM

Raising preflop is horrible here. Stack sizes are all wrong for it. Flat call this everytime.

Flop.. Bet too much. Bet like .75 - 1. You have three f'n Aces. Your hand is indestructable.

Turn.. Perfecto

River.. Check the river and only call if the bet is less than 10. Otherwise, fold.
Old 05-23-2007, 05:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Raising preflop is horrible here. Stack sizes are all wrong for it. Flat call this everytime.

Flop.. Bet too much. Bet like .75 - 1. You have three f'n Aces. Your hand is indestructable.

Turn.. Perfecto

River.. Check the river and only call if the bet is less than 10. Otherwise, fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is your goal to give the worst advice possible?

Definitely reraise pre-flop. There are 7 people to act after you. Maybe just call if someone behind you loves to squeeze, but I doubt that is the case considering its 25NL.

I'd bet more than you did on the flop since I'm c-betting more every other time I raise. A flush draw is gonna call you so you might as well get more money when it does. You have a very good (not indestructable hand) and it would be nice to put some money in with it.

Bet more on the turn. Again you want to get in money with this hand and you're givin him good odds to call with a draw there.

River...see now you're overbetting the river. If you had bet more on flop and turn you could go all-in now with it looking natural and being more likely to be called.
Old 05-23-2007, 05:23 AM

Preflop is fine.

I agree with ShipIt that you're letting them draw too cheaply.

I'd make it half the pot on the river. If MP2 raises, he could have 76 for the straight, but I don't think I could lay the set of aces down.
Old 05-23-2007, 05:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhh... not raise aces after an UTG limper in NL25 where any kind of fancy moves don't work most of the time? The only reason not to raise aces in ep is a table that has many lags, players in NL25 are most of the time loose and very passive.
Old 05-23-2007, 05:43 AM

What's up with the tiny raises on flop and turn. You should be planning to get money into the pot, so bet as much as you think you can get them to call.
I'd bet about 4 to 4.5 on the flop (3/4 pot) and then another 3/4 pot or 2/3 pot on the turn. On the river try about half pot for a value bet.