Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2007, 10:22 PM

Default Re: Voice Impersonations

I did an incredible bruiser. Once.
Old 02-23-2007, 11:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"PM me your phone # and I'll leave you a message. I'm not saying it's amazing, but whatever."

Clearly this post is an elaborate scheme to collect phone numbers and use them for evil. Don't fall for it!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I can do a decent Bobby, from Howie Mandel's act, or his short-lived cartoon, "Bobby's World". I can also do the variations of the voice, such as Baby Animal from "Muppet Babies" or Skeeter(?) from Muppets.

Maybe this is a gay idea, but I just set up a free voice mail number for this purpose. The phone number is (312) 267-0700. Currently, the outgoing message is my Bobby impression. I set it to pick up after 0 rings. Feel free to leave messages on with your best impressions, but be sure to use *67 before you dial, because it does maintain a call log online.

If you want to listen to the VMs, call the number, and hit the * key when the message picks up. The pin is 1234. Or you can check them online, at http://www.privatephone.com/voicemail. The ID is: oot. The password is 2plus2.

Obviously, this will only work as long as someone doesnt't change the password/pin, and that's also assuming it works with multiple people logging on from around the country.

Anyway, have at it...

(and, yes, I say "O-O-T" in the outgoing message, not "OOT", as in "boot")
Old 02-23-2007, 11:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The more voice impersonations someone can do the more likely it is that they are awesome!

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 02-23-2007, 11:52 PM

Anyone who's seen The Aristocrats has witnessed Kevin Pollack do his Walken impression and its so [censored] accurate its scary...(I think even better than Jay Mohr's)
Old 02-24-2007, 12:03 AM

Here's a vid of me doing some impressions on a radio spot I did - http://youtube.com/watch?v=rP3qL4UG1TI
Old 02-24-2007, 12:07 AM

http://youtube.com/watch?v=O8JmN_-oudY
Old 02-24-2007, 12:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sounds of a crying/unhappy baby....Ill do it when no ones looking and everyone thinks a baby is there crying without a doubt...
...once someone sees me do it, they still usually dont believe it

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds creepy.

Kinda like my cats would get freaked out when I imitated cats. They absolutely could not understand it. Really was flawless.

Oh, I used to do that famous kid who sang the Oscar Mayer weiner song really well, too, including the way his voice breaks. And, I used to do a pretty mean good ole boy Southern sheriff with fluid-filled tobacco lungs talking KKK stuff. Also a pretty freaky and depraved ghoul scuttling across the floor impression. I think every imitation I was ever good at was in some way kind of disturbing. Which now is making me laugh. A disturbing laugh, of course!
Old 02-24-2007, 12:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"PM me your phone # and I'll leave you a message. I'm not saying it's amazing, but whatever."

Clearly this post is an elaborate scheme to collect phone numbers and use them for evil. Don't fall for it!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I can do a decent Bobby, from Howie Mandel's act, or his short-lived cartoon, "Bobby's World". I can also do the variations of the voice, such as Baby Animal from "Muppet Babies" or Skeeter(?) from Muppets.

Maybe this is a gay idea, but I just set up a free voice mail number for this purpose. The phone number is (312) 267-0700. Currently, the outgoing message is my Bobby impression. I set it to pick up after 0 rings. Feel free to leave messages on with your best impressions, but be sure to use *67 before you dial, because it does maintain a call log online.

If you want to listen to the VMs, call the number, and hit the * key when the message picks up. The pin is 1234. Or you can check them online, at http://www.privatephone.com/voicemail. The ID is: oot. The password is 2plus2.

Obviously, this will only work as long as someone doesnt't change the password/pin, and that's also assuming it works with multiple people logging on from around the country.

Anyway, have at it...

(and, yes, I say "O-O-T" in the outgoing message, not "OOT", as in "boot")

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm scared of all this. Someone else do it then tell us if it's safe. I'd leave messages as Hank Hill. It's pretty much spot-on.
Old 02-24-2007, 12:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm scared of all this. Someone else do it then tell us if it's safe. I'd leave messages as Hank Hill. It's pretty much spot-on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Quite frankly, I don't blame you. Mods go ahead and delete/edit my post. No one is going to feel comfortable enough to leave a message.
Old 02-24-2007, 12:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone who's seen The Aristocrats has witnessed Kevin Pollack do his Walken impression and its so [censored] accurate its scary...(I think even better than Jay Mohr's)

[/ QUOTE ]

It's great, and his Shatner alone is enough to make a career out of. From what he says, he gets asked for it constantly -- in the middle of shows, and everywhere else he goes.

For overrated impressions, I put Jamie Foxx very high on the list.