Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2006, 08:33 PM

Default Re: AQo - Too aggressive w top pair

CO played this hand so bad lol

I probably wouldn't cap the flop but I don't have much of a problem with the way you played it.
Old 11-07-2006, 08:44 PM

With the 2 diamonds on the flop CO could be on a flush draw (JK or AK), I wouldn't cap. Then with the 2 of diamonds maybe ck/call and same on the river.
Old 11-07-2006, 08:56 PM

I'd play it the same although sometimes I'd just call the flop 3 bet. As played I bet and call the river but I would be happy at all when he raises. His line is very odd if he made his flush or flopped a set and turned a boat. CO play bad. If CO had raised the turn like he should have then that puts hero in a tough spot.

make a good note on his play and move on to the next hand
Old 11-07-2006, 09:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why is check calling better than bet calling ? Why is villainīs play confusing ?
I was thinking to bet call the river.
Also, what do people think betting out on the flop instead ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Check calling saves a bet if behind, as the BB probably is in this hand, and makes a bet if CO will sometimes bluff.

What range did you put CO on preflop? 77, AJ, KJs maybe at 7% PFR? AQ is behind this range.

I don't think CO play is confusing either. 3 betting a ckr is saying AQ is behind this flop. Do you believe it from this player? Unfortunately there is no real read or post flop aggression frequency given. Given that CO is probably ahead preflop and after this 3 bet, what hands would that give him? 77, QQ, KK, AA, AdKd, AdJd, KdJd(?), AQ, KQ(?)...what else?

Betting out on the flop is strong too because the MP has to be afraid of the raise behind and possible 3 bet. It could have gone, bet, call/fold, raise, 3 bet, (fold), call/cap. You wind up with part of an extra bet if CO caps. But if CO caps you can check/call down without worrying about missing a value bet on the river.

Given the way it played on the flop and the turn card I think both players misplayed the turn. CO knew the BB was not drawing. BB should have ck called down. Since the BB bet, the CO should have raised expecting the river would be checked anyway.
Old 11-07-2006, 09:32 PM

no doubt co played this weird

that is a lovely flop c/r. someone was asking in another thread about where you can actually bet/raise for protection in micros. well this is it.

however, i dont cap the flop oop. after getting 3-bet i would probably take a c/c, b/f line.

actually, ive been doing that alot, but i dont know if its right, seems a bit noob (i think it is a valid line but i need to be more selective), espeically on this board. if the board hadnt flushed, or was more connected but without a straight possible (i.e. villan is more likely to hold two-pair that we conterfiet), i think we could go c/c the turn, b/f the river. but on this board, the only hands i can put villan on are QQ(1), maybe 77(3) or a flush draw. when that turn comes i think we should c/c down.

PS. have you always been pooh-bah aussie? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]