Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-2007, 12:14 AM

Default BBC shows long Muslim propaganda videos during News (challange inside)

Last night, they did a story on "US up against tough propaganda campaign" after that helicopter video went up.

They spent about 45 seconds showing Hummers getting blown up and videos of clerics blessing a mortor before some guy drops a shell in it.

Right now, they are doing a story on Hamas showing them celebrating.
----------
Here is the challange:

If you are one of the many people on this board that think ABC, CBS, CNN, etc news is liberal. Watch BBC World News for three nonconsectutive nights, especially if America takes some propaganda hit or there is an Israel story.

I am not sure if you can stream it, but it is on at 11pm on the three PBS stations that I get and (now they are talking up Venezuela's Economy) its on at 6:30pm on super liberal WYBE.
Old 02-09-2007, 12:33 AM

Default Re: BBC shows long Muslim propaganda videos during News (challange inside)

I saw a very good report on CNN by that Christian Amonpour (spelling?) that examined Muslims in England from pretty much all sides very recently (last Sunday, it was probably a repeat too)

They talked to the radical whacko Muslims, they talked to the non-Muslim citizens growing ever more alarmed with the radicals, and they talked to the moderate sort of Muslims caught in the middle.

Interestingly enough, the moderate Muslims have it horrible, as they catch flack from both sides.

The radicals denounce them as horrible Muslims, not fighting for their cause, traitors, etc.

And the rest of the country has a tendency to lump them in with the nuts.
Old 02-09-2007, 01:12 AM

Default Re: BBC shows long Muslim propaganda videos during News (challange ins

This is up on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peFQWuk4nuo

UK Chanel 4 - Dispatches show on UK Muslim Mosques

Very very disturbing. As a Brit who's been in the US for 8 years, it is even more disturbing to me that this is going on in my homeland. Sigh.
Old 02-09-2007, 02:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Very very disturbing. As a Brit who's been in the US for 8 years, it is even more disturbing to me that this is going on in my homeland. Sigh.

[/ QUOTE ]
The UK's is reaping the consequences of their love affair with multi-culturalism. The problem is only getting worse because the radical mislims have intimidated the moderates to be silent and they are brain-washing a new generation of islamo-fascists. These immigrants and their children are 5th columnists. They have been taught to hate Britain and when the time is right they believe it is their duty to overthrow the infidel govts.....now now.....but prehaps in another 100 years...

My personal prediction is the West will continue to kow-tow to the islamo-fascist(IF), the IF grows bolder, the IF overplays their hand with nuclear terrorism, and then the West wakes up and starts nuking certain muslim countries (Egypt, Saudia-Arabia, Iran, and *Pakistan).

One thing I'm certain of is the problem will get worse before it gets better.

I realize Pakistan is currently an 'ally' of the USA but a single assassin's bullet will topple Musharef and Pakistan could easily become another IF state.
Old 02-09-2007, 03:02 AM

We are very lucky (the West) we have superior technology and military might.

Their resolve and what they are willing to do to win is far greater than ours (currently).

Tolerance and multi-culteralism are great, but not when you invite rabid wolves into your home and let them breed.
Old 02-09-2007, 03:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The UK's is reaping the consequences of their love affair with multi-culturalism.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. Multi-culturalism is what will ultimatly save the west from Islamic (and any other) sort of facism. While it seems like moderate muslims in Western countries are caught in the middle, and this is no doubt a hard position to be in, they will eventually win the ideological struggle for their religion. Provided of course that Western governments don't play into IF hands by invading anyone else anytime soon...

It's all about the marketplace of ideas. In the west people eventually figure out which ideas are stupid and those ideas get shouted down. Islamic Facism is stupid and won't survive, as long as we stay out of the way and let the marketplace operate. For the record, I'm not sure there's much evidence that IF has taken root in the west- except maybe among a few mis-guided teenagers.

Also I'm not sure how/where we "kow-tow" to Islamic facists.

And also your fifth column remark is ridiculous. Ideas like that led to locking up immigrants from Japan during WWII in America...

Also what did Egypt do?
Old 02-09-2007, 03:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Islamic Facism is stupid and won't survive, as long as we stay out of the way and let the marketplace operate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eventually, yes; but it's survived for 1400 years, so it likely has a ways to go yet still.
Old 02-09-2007, 04:22 AM

Default Intolerance

[ QUOTE ]
Multi-culturalism is what will ultimatly save the west from Islamic (and any other) sort of facism.

[/ QUOTE ]Exactly right.

The antidote to islamic reliious fundamentalism is not christian religious fundamentalism or any other kind of fundamentalism. It's tolerance. End of story.

There is a huge caveat to this :

More often than not, multiculturalism is promoted, by both supporters and opponents, like a relativistic stance towards different cultures, as if every culture carries basically the same intrinsic "value", as if human values are relative.

THIS IS NOT THE CASE! While the ideas of persons who support the practices of Hitler or Mohammed or Pericles the Athenian should be equally tolerated, these practices should NOT be all accepted nor tolerated as equal, in terms of value.

In other words, equal respect as we might accord to the various current or ancient cultures of our world, we should not be treating them all the same way when it comes to practice them. A person in a western democracy who wants to perform a clitoris mutilation on a young girl or cut off the hand of a thief should not be allowed to do any such thing, under the threat of strict penalties.

Mickey Brausch
Old 02-09-2007, 04:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Their resolve and what they are willing to do to win is far greater than ours (currently).

[/ QUOTE ]

That's kind of the Achilles Heal of the Western World. We probably could have pre-empted WWII pre-39. It just seems to require a ruthlessness that's contrary to our nature. Considering hindsight is 20/20: is it better to kill 1 million today versus 50 million tomorrow - of course. But there's always the possibility that things will work out - which makes it hard if not impossible to decide.
Old 02-09-2007, 04:40 AM

Default Re: Intolerance

[ QUOTE ]
It's tolerance. End of story.

[/ QUOTE ]

But like all good stories, there's an epilogue: the paradox of tolerance - tolerating intolerance. No matter how we try to work around this; tolerance and intolerance cannot co-exist. We can't tolerate the intolerant. There's always this catch-22 that comes up. Yeah, Ghandi figured it out… so there's hope.