Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2007, 09:24 PM

Default Re: whats the best laydown you have ever seen or heard?

I folded AA on a AA428 board when he show me his gun.
Old 07-04-2007, 09:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I folded AA on a AA428 board when he show me his gun.

[/ QUOTE ]

NO STRING BETS, BEEYOTCH!!
Old 07-04-2007, 10:10 PM

i folded AA on the first hand of the ME last year when everyone pushed in behind me.
Old 07-04-2007, 10:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i folded AA on the first hand of the ME last year when everyone pushed in behind me.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is excellent
Old 07-04-2007, 10:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i folded 3333x in pot limit draw online. opponent showed 5555x

[/ QUOTE ]

misclick? if not that's gross
Old 07-04-2007, 10:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

WHY??
Old 07-04-2007, 10:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

WHY??

[/ QUOTE ]LOL newb i was probably like 30% to win the hand!!!
Old 07-04-2007, 10:26 PM

Ok, me and a few of my iBuddies are playing tibetian double-deck 4 card omaha.

It plays just like omaha except there are 104 cards in the deck (8 of each rank - and 13 clubs, 13 diamonds, 13 spades, 13 hearts, 13 axes, 13 frogurts, 13 glass dildos, and 13 maces.)

You use 4 cards from your hand and 3 from the field to make your hand.

There are more possible hands too, even after a royal flush; I won't list everything, but i'll just say that the strongest possible hand is a 7 of a kind, and the second strongest is a 6 of a kind.

I'm dealt [AcAdAsAh] from the cutoff after 2 folds, and I'm like w00t. I make my standard raise to 7 renminbi and then the button repops to 25 rmb; the blinds fold.

We each have about 50000 rmb in our stacks (25,000 big blinds).

I'm thinking, this guy has been 3-betting fairly light, and i don't want him to fold when I have like a near lock on the hand, and he'll probably spew more money of to me. Well, I cold call im, so there is now 53 rmb in the pot. The flop comes a horrible KcKdKh. Now if he's holding any KxKxXX, he has 5 of a kind and I'm drawing to 4 outs, so this isn't good.

Now the logic comes into play.

I know that he's been playing very aggro, and he knows that I'm a nit. I also know that he knows that I know that he's been going crazy and that I'll take into consideration the fact that I'm a nit. But what I also know is that he knows that I know that he'll think I'm a nit.

Now if he knows that I know that he'll think I'm a nit, if I play aggressively, he might think that I'm just using my image against him.

However, I also know that he knows that I'll know that he'll know that I'm using my image against him, so he'll go even more aggro, knowing that I'll know that he thinks i'm just trying to use my image against him, meaning that he would be able to execute this play with air...or at least that is what he wants me to think...he has air.

What he doesn't know is that I know that he'll show up with the mortal nuts when he plays back at me on this board, and even if he knows this, he'll be on like the 65536th level, and there are no higher levels than 65536th, so he'll like have a brain aneurysm if he tries to outlevel me, and then i'll steal his monies in the pot cuz live games have no all-in protection.

So I check, and he bets 30 rmb. I'm thinking that I'm drawing to 4 outs, so I call, putting 113 rmb in the pot. The turn comes Aa, and I'm like w00t!

I got quintz baby. I lead out for 70 rmb, and he flat calls me! And I'm like now this is where I need to bail out. He knows that I'm a nit, and he knows that he's drawing dead against like the top 70% of my range (I have poker tracker stats of like 0.4/0.2) but he calls!

There is 253 rmb in the pot. The river gives me Af so now the board reads KcKdKhAaAf and I have AcAdAsAh. I'm like OMG, I have sexts, I have sexts! I don't have sexts too often, so if I pass this up, I might not have sexts in like a megamega long time. I can't possibly fold now, or can I?

Well I once trained with Patrick Antonius, and we played tibetian double-deck 4 card omaha together for a while on teh internets. In a 24-max game (uses every possible card), I had sexts with Patrick Antonius, and it was very good at first, cuz we were gonna get paid by this donkey, but then said donkey busted out the septs, and you know how the septs ruin the sexts.

So I checked, and he led out for 22000 rmb and I accidently misclick folded subconsciously I guess, he showed his hand (KaKfKsKg) and went on life tilt, and since we were playing on top of a pagoda like is traditionally required, he fell off and died, and I took his monies.
Old 07-04-2007, 10:28 PM

Do you expect anyone to read all of that? I have no doubt your story is indeed the greatest laydown ever...I'll just judge by the length of text that it is.
Old 07-04-2007, 10:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you expect anyone to read all of that? I have no doubt your story is indeed the greatest laydown ever...I'll just judge by the length of text that it is.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm segregating it into digestable paragraphs as you type this. Whip out your bib.