Time Machine 18 10.84%
Planet (or moon) in our solar system 13 7.83%
Pirate Ship 15 9.04%
Underground Lair 8 4.82%
License to Kill 12 7.23%
Voters: 166. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-29-2007, 06:21 PM

Default Re: assani

i think assani sometimes tries to be a good sports poster but he does derail / troll as well and anybody who thinks he doesn't know exactly what he's doing is dim.

losing yeti over this sucks huge balls and is dumb. bad time to pick a spot and make an example out of somebody.
Old 10-29-2007, 06:24 PM

yeah what makes this especially dumb as pj says is that multiple mods were telling him it was fine, he was clearly aware of the nuance and was trying to stay within the rules, and then he gets tossed anyway, whereas when jim kuhn just goes and bans a well-liked poster for a completely terrible, illegitimate reason (OUT OF FORUM as well) it gets absolutely no response from admins even though most mods think it was laughably stupid. way to keep in touch with your volunteers guys.
Old 10-29-2007, 06:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think demodding Yeti is also a bit of an overreaction. While I disagreed with Yeti's ban (as stated in my first response in this thread), a) it was only for 3 hours; and b) it was suggested by Dynasty.

Seems like Ryan should just tell Yeti: "Hey bud, stop banning out of forums, reinstate Assani, and if it happens again you'll get demodded."

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-29-2007, 06:40 PM

Thing is I didn't overreact. The response I started to type up was more joking and exactly, "Hey, don't do this again." And in response to his point about banning for posts made earlier in OOT, this was exactly what I was going to say:

No

Then I stopped and thought about it. From my viewpoint he knew he wasn't supposed to do that and did anyway. Other mods encouraging it I don't understand. The rules are there for everyone. They were put in place quite a while ago, and I'm not making an example out of anyone. I like Yeti. This sucks. But the rule has to be enforced if it's there, and I couldn't think of a reason this was ok.

It's not surprising to me that some don't like this, but I'm not going to understand the following as reasoning for bans if some of the same thinking isn't applied here. I hear all the time that if a user can't read the stickies that's their problem and we should have no sympathy for them etc, etc. The mod sticky is very short.
Old 10-29-2007, 06:41 PM

The Onslaught Threads are a perfect example of sophisticated trolling in OOT.
Old 10-29-2007, 06:45 PM

he obviously understands the sticky which is why he took the time to ask about it and wasn't even going to do this until other people told him to. this is totally different from someone not taking any time to learn the rules and just being a retard.

if you're going to demod him, better demod dynasty, ajmargarine, citanul, me, and daryn as well, because we all agreed with him.
Old 10-29-2007, 06:46 PM

I'm never going to demod anyone for their opinions.
Old 10-29-2007, 06:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like Yeti. This sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]
Is this to set an example though? As someone pointed out, didn't Jim Kuhn essentially do the same thing under yet more questionable circumstances recently?

Yeti seems like a pretty level-headed dude, I don't recall him ever getting worked up about anything until this, in any forum. It's not like he's gonna take his ball and go home or anything, but if he still wants to mod won't you reconsider? The only other guess I have here is that he had some previous mod naughtiness and was on thin ice or something but that doesn't seem to check out.
Old 10-29-2007, 06:53 PM

this wouldn't be bad if you were at all consistent about enforcing, or even acknowledging when other mods clearly step out of line, but you don't, so it's [censored] stupid.
Old 10-29-2007, 06:56 PM

I've been so busy with vB that I can't really speak to anything that happened with Jim Kuhn. I can't address a situation I don't know about. Stretched a little thin here.

No, it's not me setting an example. There have been many better spots to do that if that's how I really wanted to treat people as an admin.