Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2006, 10:32 AM

Default (OT) Long Time Coming.... upon many requests.... The Snarf Saga

I have thought and thought and thought about how to tell you guys everything that has happened to me the last six months / year and a half...

I just don't know where to start or how to tell the story.

So, today I am off work...I'm going to give you a cliff note's version, and answer any ?s after that.

--------------------
I met the girl of my dreams. She and I were both 100% convinced we were meant to be together. We managed to find a road that led us to breaking up, while still thinking we were meant to be together. A guy I considered a friend totally stabs me in the back and tries to date her. She goes along with it. She is incredible and spends hours upon hours on the phone with me helping me through this horribly difficult time. He is a dick who couldn't have handled the situation worse if he tried. (o.k. - thats not true, but you get the point) There's like a 2/3 chance I'm going to move away and stop hanging out with nearly all of my "friends."
------------------------

That is the extreme short version. There are so many sub-stories along the way I could tell, or details to add.

Ask away, and I'll share more.
Old 07-23-2006, 06:04 PM

Default Re: (OT) Long Time Coming.... upon many requests.... The Snarf Saga

what places are you considering moving to?

love hurts...
Old 07-23-2006, 06:09 PM

Need someone to club your friend?
Old 07-23-2006, 06:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what places are you considering moving to?

love hurts...

[/ QUOTE ]

Work is going pretty well...So I was thinking of moving out of the house I'm now and just to a different NW subarb.

I know I won't be healthy or whole or moved on until I can just...simply...live...

It sounds dumb, but right now - I can't/wont'. (because I don't want to see this guy)

If I move - even to another local location, I will

a) meet new people
b) get a bigger room (I don't have enough space where I'm at now)
c) start seeking out new social scenarios with said new people
d) The change of scenery will encourage me mentally to seek out a new life for myself, rather than be so tempted to continue to try to live my old life.

Also, we just got a new store manager and district manager, at work. So, I haven't ruled out entirely just moving away. hours away.

No idea where. Probably somewhere still within driving distance, though.
Old 07-23-2006, 06:12 PM

how old are you ?
Old 07-23-2006, 06:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
how old are you ?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is actually an important I wanted to make sure I made.

I'm 27. This isn't some dumb young love. This isn't some 'woe is me' hurt.

This isn't the first girl I wanted to marry.

In the past I have loved girls deeply. I could see myself spending the rest of my life with them. We got along great. I thought it could work...and I began to think, 'hey - maybe this is the one. Maybe I could marry this girl. Maybe it could work.' etc..

With her - I put myself through the emotional/mental grinder on purpose. I was quite intentional about it. I asked myself every question and tortured myself over it for a long time. ... I came out in the end being absolutely 100% convinced with every fiber in my being, that this girl was "the one" for me. Hell, I stopped believing in 'the one' a LONG time ago...but she made me re-believe.

I think thats where you were going with that, right?
Old 07-23-2006, 06:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Need someone to club the guy who for some stupid ass reason still thinks he should be called your friend?

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

and no, actually.

I'm working on forgiving, and part of that invovles wishing other people well and wanting good things for their life.

Thanks for the offer, though.
Old 07-23-2006, 06:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Need someone to club the guy who for some stupid ass reason still thinks he should be called your friend?

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

and no, actually.

I'm working on forgiving, and part of that invovles wishing other people well and wanting good things for their life.

Thanks for the offer, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

IOW you want someone to club him, but you don't wanna know nothing about nothing. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-23-2006, 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
how old are you ?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is actually an important I wanted to make sure I made.

I'm 27. This isn't some dumb young love. This isn't some 'woe is me' hurt.

This isn't the first girl I wanted to marry.

In the past I have loved girls deeply. I could see myself spending the rest of my life with them. We got along great. I thought it could work...and I began to think, 'hey - maybe this is the one. Maybe I could marry this girl. Maybe it could work.' etc..

With her - I put myself through the emotional/mental grinder on purpose. I was quite intentional about it. I asked myself every question and tortured myself over it for a long time. ... I came out in the end being absolutely 100% convinced with every fiber in my being, that this girl was "the one" for me. Hell, I stopped believing in 'the one' a LONG time ago...but she made me re-believe.

I think thats where you were going with that, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

not really, but you bring up an important point.

I think that it's important to realize that realistically there really isn't a "the one". We as humans are very adaptable and have an insurmountable number of needs and desires that are in a constant state of flux. A year ago you could probably of met someone whom you considered to be "the one" but a year later or even a few months you would laugh at yourself for considering such an option. The fact is that if you stood in a city and drew a 10-mile circle radius around you, you would find your "one true love" a few times over in this circle. I'm not trying to offend you, but i have found that when dealing with [censored] situations it helps to be realistic, and even a little blunt.
Old 07-23-2006, 06:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
IOW you want someone to club him, but you don't wanna know nothing about nothing. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

thats not it, actually.

Truth is, I used to enjoy the thoughts of him being wronged, screwed over, life 'beats', etc...

I didn't like that about myself and am working on changing that. Good progress so far, but I'd be lying if I said your offer wasn't tempting