Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2006, 03:23 PM

Default (22 Reg) Interesting hand from our study group

OK this hand is from a 22 regular. It caused some interest in our study group so I thought I'd post it.

The problem with this hand, is the CO is one of the tightest bubble players i've seen at a 22. He has given me a walk 4-5 times when he was SB and I was BIG. and this was when blinds were T400. So, I put him very tight here.

Thoughts?

PartyPoker Regular Tournament, Big Blind is t400 (4 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

CO (t6188)
Hero (t3500)
SB (t3922)
BB (t6390)

Preflop: Hero is in Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="red">CO raises to t1100</font>, <font color="gray">Hero folds</font>, <font color="gray">SB folds</font>, BB calls t700

Flop: (t1800) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 players)
BB checks, CO checks

Turn: (t1800) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 players)
BB checks, <font color="red">CO bets t1325</font>, <font color="gray">BB folds</font>
Old 07-11-2006, 03:28 PM

Default Re: (22 Reg) Interesting hand from our study group *DELETED*

Post deleted by ShipItHereHo
Old 07-11-2006, 03:30 PM

Default Re: (22 Reg) Interesting hand from our study group

forgot to add that if CO is one of the tightest, SB is one of the loosest... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

also, this hand was posted earlier by one of my groupmates... so we're content in folding in this spot i believe.
Old 07-11-2006, 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
edit- actually the more i look at this the more it seems a stop-n-go would be better if you wanted to get it all-in instead of just pushing pf.

[/ QUOTE ]

Look at it some more. You are in position so a stop n go isn't possible, because CO is acting before you.

I agree that this is a push or fold preflop decision. With your read I would just fold it. If CO has been as tight as you say you will get lots of opportunities to open and he'll continue to give you walks when ur BB.
Old 07-11-2006, 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
edit- actually the more i look at this the more it seems a stop-n-go would be better if you wanted to get it all-in instead of just pushing pf.

[/ QUOTE ]

Look at it some more. You are in position so a stop n go isn't possible, because CO is acting before you.

I agree that this is a push or fold preflop decision. With your read I would just fold it. If CO has been as tight as you say you will get lots of opportunities to open and he'll continue to give you walks when ur BB.

[/ QUOTE ]

i deleted my post cause for some idiotic reason i read it as though hero was bb lol. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-11-2006, 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i deleted my post cause for some idiotic reason i read it as though hero was bb lol. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

What's really funny is I was reading Suzzer's home game thread right after this. In it you told some one a Stop N Go wasn't possible because he had position, when in fact he was first to act. I think you need a nap [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-11-2006, 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What's really funny is I was reading Suzzer's home game thread right after this. In it you told some one a Stop N Go wasn't possible because he had position, when in fact he was first to act. I think you need a nap [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

lmfao. maybe i need more than a nap.
Old 07-11-2006, 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
forgot to add that if CO is one of the tightest, SB is one of the loosest... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

also, this hand was posted earlier by one of my groupmates... so we're content in folding in this spot i believe.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought I read this hand somewhere, but couldnt find my reply. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 07-11-2006, 04:13 PM

Yeah, I originally posted this when I was reviewing OP's HH and couldn't decide what I would do...

In my thread, people generally felt it was a tough fold.
Old 07-11-2006, 04:18 PM

I'd expect people to fold AJ to me if they knew my range UTG 4-handed. Good fold IMO.