Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-12-2006, 04:50 AM

Default Re: My life is over.

There are several good ideas in this thread.

The obvious one is to dump here, but clearly you are against that.

Soundproofing sounds like it could solve the problem.

Clearly you need a sense of seperation from "life" when you are at work. Perhaps you could play somewhere else. Is there an office space nearby you could use? Perhaps you could bring a laptop to a starbucks. Do you have a friend that is gone from home all day? Maybe you could use his house. Get creative and improvise. I'm sure there is a solution along these lines.

Thailand is a bit extreme... but it's still an option.

Counseling sounds like a great idea, but it's a slow process. I think you would need to take one of the above ideas as a temporary solution before you could rely on counseling as a permanent solution.

I know I'm just a kid, but I found your story very touching, and I really hope that you can find a solution, and I know you can... if you want to. Clearly if you give up now, you are severely limiting your options 6 months down the road, but from the sound of things, you don't need to give up anytime soon.

If small-stakes are really an impassable issue, consider selling more stuff or taking out a loan, but after you do that, make sure you use some strict bankroll management to avoid ever having to put yourself in that tough spot ever again.
-Best of luck with poker and life in general