Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2006, 12:02 AM

Default Waiting for the shoe to...

I know you caught that scene on this weeks WSOP where the guys rented a LV apartment and had about 6 computers connected and were playing poker online. Sure, it was just a quick glimpse at a bunch of guys having fun during the WSOP but it opens up the picture that poker sites have feared - collusion. We've been talking about it for a long time and here was actual video proof of how easy it is for a few people to play in the same room and collude. I'm not saying those guys were doing that but they showed the public that this is how it's done - just sit next to one another and discuss your hands. Get 3 players at a 9 player table and watch your bankrolls grow and grow. No need to mess around with IM and phone lines. Just anonymize your IP's and have a party at the expense of the honest players.
Old 10-26-2006, 12:06 AM

Default Re: Waiting for the shoe to...

Yeah, because there are NO blocks preventing people on the same line from sitting at the same table. YOU ARE RETARDED.
Old 10-26-2006, 12:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, because there are NO blocks preventing people on the same line from sitting at the same table. YOU ARE RETARDED.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have no clue how easy it is to circumvent this technology because if you did you would realize how stupid you sound. There are simple things that colluders can do from using IP anonymizers to more sophisticated ones such as installing multiple high speed connections or purchasing a business package that gives them a larger block of real IP's. They could even get different subnets if they wanted to. It's trivial to do this if you have the resources (money).

Also, what makes you think that none of those multiple laptops we saw weren't connected to the same poker site? Wouldn't it be strange that 6 or 7 poker playing friends just all happened to use play at different sites even when they were all playing at the same time in the same room? What are those odds? Hmmmmm?
Old 10-26-2006, 12:36 AM

When you're sittin' down at a table, what are the odds the other 8 players are tryin' to take your money from you?

I assure you, those patterns are child's play to notice.

What you may not know is how exploitable they are [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 10-26-2006, 03:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
When you're sittin' down at a table, what are the odds the other 8 players are tryin' to take your money from you?

I assure you, those patterns are child's play to notice.

What you may not know is how exploitable they are [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Child's play to notice? Maybe at the higher stakes where the players are better but the real money is to be made at the lower stakes where the fish swim and a collusion edge will yield much higher returns without sticking out like a sore thumb. Do this every day, week after week, spread among a dozen or so people and pretty soon you have reaped a tidy sum that can be cashed out.

And you ask about the "odds the other 8 players are tryin' to take your money from you"? Are you serious? Your odds against 1 in 8 are standard. Your odds when 2 or 3 of those 8 are colluding are terrible. It's not like colluders have to win big pots. All they have to do is knock you out of pots when you raise by coming over the top and back at you with multiple raises and make you fold. And when you do have a monster you won't get paid off like you should because they will have the inside knowledge of which cards are in play and have a much better figure on the correct pot odds. Do this enough times and they will reap huge profits because the point of collusion here is not to take down massive pots but to take down a lot of smaller, uncontested pots that over time will add up.

So far this post has received 2 replies, both from doubters and yet we all know that this is happening - it's not like you are hearing this for the first time. I simply pointed out here that for the first time on a nationally televised poker show we all saw just how easy this was to do. 6 guys sitting around a table with 6 different laptops playing poker online. What's wrong with this picture?
Old 10-26-2006, 03:24 AM

Exactly how much have you lost online, sir?
Old 10-26-2006, 03:38 AM

I know it's happening, Rotter. I simply don't care. I assume they're all colluding too and simply step it up. And if I can't beat even that in the long term, how the hell do I expect to beat world-class players down the road? [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 10-26-2006, 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know it's happening, Rotter. I simply don't care. I assume they're all colluding too and simply step it up. And if I can't beat even that in the long term, how the hell do I expect to beat world-class players down the road? [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

If that was sarcasm it was good because it was hard to detect. If it wasn't then you should find a new game to throw your money away on.
Old 10-26-2006, 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Exactly how much have you lost online, sir?

[/ QUOTE ]

Very little because I mostly play live. I enjoy the atmosphere and am able to supplement my regular paycheck.
Old 10-26-2006, 01:49 PM

What is to say the other 8 players on a live table aren't working together using signs to take your money?