Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2007, 10:03 AM

Default Re: Mason... Sir,

[ QUOTE ]
Keep this up and I'm going to burn my copy of TOP.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh I'm sure that really hurts!

Get a grip, perhaps Vanna will sell you a clue.

D$D
Old 11-11-2007, 10:04 AM

If given a choice between TE and Bluffidiot, I'll guess I'll not be reading any more posts on the Legislation Forum. The 2+2 attack dog--Bluffidiot--has retaken the forum and made it his own. Disagree, and he'll hump your leg until you go away.

Too bad the powers-that-be chose such an unpleasant poster to be their representative.

I hope that someone will PM me when Bluffidiot has been banned again, so I may come back and read what might be important to me and others who really care about poker, and not a personal vendetta.

CJ--who's views represent the Democratic Party because he once voted for one of its candidates.
Old 11-11-2007, 10:58 AM

As a separate but related story.

I posted on Yahoo message board for maybe 6 or 7 years for one particular stock. There was a large following of daily posters.

Yahoo made some crazy changes which everyone was unhappy about. One week later, the entire group (I mean everyone) was posting on Investor Village, never to return to Yahoo.

This is the internet, there's (supposed to be) a real freedom here. And there are excellent training sites and forums all around. If you're unhappy with a particalur site, for whatever reason, gravitate elsewhere. I will.

Read this quick, I'm sure the thread will be locked or my post will be removed.
Old 11-11-2007, 11:17 AM

OK, please, this has been debated enough, time to get back to work.

This post encompasses several:
1. Yes, 2+2 needs PPA
2. PPA needs 2+2
3. 2+2, like PPA is moving in a proactive direction.

Now, the REAL important thread here, now, is Berg's on the hearing in a few days (see, 2+2 is getting involved!).

Lets get busy there, there are letters to write and calls we need to be making in support of the bills that will be debated that day and countering the FoF types that will be speaking (Goodlatte, Va. for 1).

We have several supporters on that committee but they cannot carry our water alone.

obg

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Everyone: This will be my last post on this forum for a while

[/ QUOTE ]

Can we move past this? A satisfactory solution going forward has been reached right?

We are adults here. What we are fighting for is bigger than any one person.

Hurt feelings aside we must move on.

Engineer: You are at this everyday for long hours it seems, why not take a day or two off and recharge the batteries. Thanks for all you have unselfishly done and you are a giant asset here. I hope to see you back here.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-11-2007, 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Engineer: You are at this everyday for long hours it seems,

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not quite that sad [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]. I generally have a couple games going while doing this. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Been running prety well lately.

[ QUOTE ]
why not take a day or two off and recharge the batteries. Thanks for all you have unselfishly done and you are a giant asset here. I hope to see you back here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks again for your support. I appreciate it. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I'm not angry or anything. It's just a lot of [censored] when all I'm trying to do is advocate for online poker rights.

I think you have the right idea. I will take a few days off. I'll continue to post about things we need to do, like how we need to advocate for our rights prior to the House Judiciary Committee meeting, of course. Other posts can wait.
Old 11-11-2007, 01:43 PM

Glad to hear you're not going to just quit these forums. You mean a lot to the community, TE.
Old 11-11-2007, 03:30 PM

TE, please don't let this pettiness get you down. It boggles my mind, too, but when something like this happens I try to think of it like when some kid eggs my house: it's really frustrating, but there's no sense in trying to reason with or understand the kid; that's just what kids do for some reason.

Thank you again for everything you've done and continue to do for us in this fight.
Old 11-11-2007, 04:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Glad to hear you're not going to just quit these forums. You mean a lot to the community, TE.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks DMoogle, Zele, and everyone else. I'll definintely be around for pertinent advocacy issues. We still have a long way to go, after all.
Old 11-11-2007, 04:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Also welcome back BT
Old 11-11-2007, 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks DMoogle, Zele, and everyone else. I'll definintely be around for pertinent advocacy issues. We still have a long way to go, after all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very nice resolution, and good feelings all around! Congrats to Mason and TE for carving out an all around rational solution.