Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2007, 07:51 PM

Default Re: Post if your wife is pregnant

[ QUOTE ]
Never posted in the Lounge before but I was directed to this thread via a PM.

My wife and I are expecting our first child on 5/8/08. Still too early to know if its a boy or a girl yet. Should know next month.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's my birthday too. So if she/he hits that day, tell her a guy from Germany said happy birthday. Well, tell her anyway. And to everyone else: congratulations!

I can't officially post in this thread, but girlfriend and I are in the "practicing" stage.. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-11-2007, 12:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
oh, man, you folks have no idea how good it feels to be on that list.

thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually....

Seriously, congrats. Looks like we're both gonna have a long winter of anticipation. I don't know if it will be a confidence builder for you or not, but I will share that my wife has been moved out of the high risk group after her quad screen came back "normal" this time. There can be joy after tragedy. Hang in there.

jb
Old 11-12-2007, 12:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Such a cute name Ballzack.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just awesome. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Been a while since I've posted. I've been fixing up the house to make room for the baby. I have recently been able to feel him kicking through my wife's stomach and also swear I felt his little ass move directly across the center off her belly. It's incredible that there is this little human just swimming in there. It's almost like science fiction.
Old 11-12-2007, 01:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
katy, are Taurus young men awesome too?

[/ QUOTE ]

Taurus men are awesome Solo. One of my favorite zodiac personalities. They are hard workers and never complain. They tend to remain calm in the face of chaos. Also, they keep a tidy room. The main thing Kcheel needs to remember is that a Taurus child can be stubborn and might get upset by too much change in his life. So you know, just keep things on a steady course and don't go around upsetting him. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Congratulations to jamzfive and poincaraux! I am happy for both of you [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Acoustix - I was actually referring to the name 'Laila'. Isn't it cute... Laila Ballzack? So tell us what you are doing at your house, building a nursery are you?
Old 11-12-2007, 10:52 AM

Hey all,

Thanks for the thoughts and good wishes! It's pretty nerve-wracking at times, but the good things are finally starting to sink in a little. We're looking forward to an ultrasound scheduled later this week where we *may* be able to find out if it's a he-baby or a she-baby.

jamzfive-

My wife's tests are very good too. The nucal translucency screen came back as "you have the same risk as a teenager" [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. After a stillbirth and a miscarriage, though, we're going to be high-risk the whole time. That's just fine with us .. as far as we're concerned, it just means extra monitoring [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. I imagine it might be a long winter for both of us .. shoot me a PM if you ever want to talk or anything. Also, I mentioned the KickTrak in another post .. we got like 20 of them from the doctor that invented them, and I'd be glad to send you one. In any case, my best wishes are with you and your wife.
Old 11-13-2007, 01:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Acoustix - I was actually referring to the name 'Laila'. Isn't it cute... Laila Ballzack? So tell us what you are doing at your house, building a nursery are you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Somewhat. I am remodeling our office into the nursery. Basically just new trim, paint, curtains, etc. I also had to babyproof the house. You know, hide all the booze way up high and such [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-13-2007, 03:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
(Chipwrecked kids have blond hair. I thought Chip was a brunette.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Is correct. Cully also has blue eyes, Mom and Dad's are both brown.

My standard answer to "Who do they take after?" is "The UPS guy."
Old 11-16-2007, 12:36 AM

Wife is pregnant, due February sometime. Maybe the 15th? We are going to have a home birth. Should be... exciting?

Krishan
Old 11-16-2007, 12:41 AM

Congratulations, that's awesome. A home birth really? Yikes. First baby?
Old 11-16-2007, 10:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
We're looking forward to an ultrasound scheduled later this week where we *may* be able to find out if it's a he-baby or a she-baby.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's just barely early enough to tell, but it looks like she-baby. Whee!