Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2007, 09:21 AM

Default Re: *** The Official New York Rangers 07/08 Stanly Cup Champs Thread *

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know if this has been discussed and is probably a non-story in the USA, but has been a big story in Canada the past couple days. Sean Avery trash talking about Jason Blake's leukemia, maybe the Leafs fan in me is being biased, but I personally think Sean Avery is a classless POS and unlike most guys like that I'm not even sure if I would want him on the Leafs after this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Avery did no such thing. Some radio host in Toronto made that whole thing up.
Old 11-16-2007, 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know if this has been discussed and is probably a non-story in the USA, but has been a big story in Canada the past couple days. Sean Avery trash talking about Jason Blake's leukemia, maybe the Leafs fan in me is being biased, but I personally think Sean Avery is a classless POS and unlike most guys like that I'm not even sure if I would want him on the Leafs after this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Avery denies it, but it's certainly something Avery would do - guy mouths off about everything and runs goalies in preseason games.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:11 PM

Howard Berger the Toronto radio host isn't one to make that sort of thing up. What I think is more likely is it got leaked when none of the parties involved wanted it leak and everyone is denying it now.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Howard Berger the Toronto radio host isn't one to make that sort of thing up. What I think is more likely is it got leaked when none of the parties involved wanted it leak and everyone is denying it now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, Blake who hates Avery with a passion would want to cover up something so awful that Avery would be fined huge amounts of money and totally look like a jackass. Yup, that makes sense. Nope, the one unconfirmed source MUST be right. Enough with the Homerism.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, Blake who hates Avery with a passion would want to cover up something so awful that Avery would be fined huge amounts of money and totally look like a jackass. Yup, that makes sense. Nope, the one unconfirmed source MUST be right. Enough with the Homerism.

[/ QUOTE ]

you really think Jason Blake is enough of an [censored] to leak any comments about his battle with cancer? you'd almost be as big a dick as Avery to say 'yeah the guy made fun of my cancer'.

and hossa > prucha. at this rate prucha will be lucky to be in the league. at least hossa can penalty kill.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, maybe he didn't make it up. But there is no way that everyone covering it up is more likely than the radio host getting wrong information from a bad source. Maybe he should have attempted to confirm that story with someone else before he ran with it.
Old 11-16-2007, 04:44 PM

Why are people still discussing this? Everyone on either team who has been quoted on this has denied that Avery said anything about Blake's cancer.
Old 11-17-2007, 01:17 AM

Prucha is much better than Hossa. Why did Prucha score 30 goals? Cause he was getting PP time and played with Jagr.

Hossa has had more of these luxuries the last 2 years and has put up worse numbers.

I know Hossa can PK and Prucha is on the highlight reels of every other team for getting the daylights knocked out of him, but look at who can at least create for themselves.

Prucha is also one of the NHL leaders in penalty differential (penalties drawn - penalties received). He also blocks more shots, and forechecks better, basically the Eckstein factor.
Old 11-17-2007, 02:08 AM

Yeah, Prucha is better than Horssa. But the point is, Horsa and Prucha are better than Hollweg and Orr. And having a checking enforcer line is overrated anyway. I'd rather have another line that can score and keep the puck in the other team's end.
Old 11-17-2007, 02:29 AM

Is Ozolinsh a forward or defencemen?