Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2007, 11:06 AM

Default recording streaming media

I just noticed that there are some programs out there that allow you to record streaming media on your computer (video or audio) so that you can later replay them in various formats (presumably, including ipods).

One such program is called Replay AV. As I type this, I am downloading a demo version, so I have no idea whether it is any good.

Does anyone have any experience with these programs? They seem like a great way of adding to music collection, particularly if I am able to record an internet radio station for hours and then later edit the recording and save only the portions I want. But maybe that's not practical.

Any advice about this?
Old 03-31-2007, 04:18 PM

Default Re: recording streaming media

I haven't used Replay AV but I do own Replay Music which is from the same company. I've been using it for several years and love it. Replay Music will record (I think) anything coming through your speakers. I know it will record anything streaming like net radio or other streaming music. It will also automatically tag the songs as they are recorded. You still need to touch up the mp3 tags though. It works well for me and is just like using a cassette tape recorder to record stuff off the radio when I was a kid, except the quality is much better.