Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2007, 12:40 PM

Default Prahlad/Lisandro clash

I've been meaning to post this for awhile, I saw it again last night and it entertained me so i am throwing it on here.

Deep in the ME, like 30 something players left. Prahlad and Lisandro at the same table. Avg stack is about 2.4M and the ante is 5K. Prahlad accuses Lisandro of not putting in his ante and continues to push the issue over such a small amount.

I know Prahlad is a genius and I think he intentionally did this just to get under the skin of his toughest opponent. He then goes on to make 2 huge bluffs on him and then show his cards to tilt him farther.

I was wondering if everyone else sees this as genius on Prahlads part or if u think he actually cared about the ante. I dont think he did and he kept calling him sir instead of Jeff, brilliance, let me know what you thought about this hand.
Old 03-01-2007, 12:57 PM

Default Re: Prahlad/Lisandro clash

Prahlad is known as a poker purist and I don't think he would intentionally try to tilt someone with false accusations or anything shady like that. I just don't think that's his style.

It seemed like he was genuinely obsessed with that one damn ante and then the bluffs were out of anger since Lisandro threatened to take his head off.
Old 03-01-2007, 01:41 PM

Do a search. This was discussed ad nauseum in multiple threads at the time.

Whatever Prahlad's motivation was, his behavior was horrendous. If his concern about the ante was legitimate, he better be 100% positive he saw the other guy throw the ante in before continuing that far with it. If he were trying to tilt Lisandro, then he went way over an ethical boundary in doing so. Repeatedly calling someone a cheat and a liar without foundation, especially on national television, is way over the line of gamesmanship.

Of course, Lisandro's threat was also wrong, but Friedman was the way bigger douche in that situation. The bluffs were fun to watch (remember, Lisandro also bluffed Mahatma after that) but were more of a risky ego-play than anything else.
Old 03-01-2007, 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It seemed like he was genuinely obsessed with that one damn ante and then the bluffs were out of anger since Lisandro threatened to take his head off.

[/ QUOTE ]
are you kidding me or are you just blind? he was absolutely gloating like a buffoon.
Old 03-01-2007, 02:32 PM

interesting responses, that is true that he went way too far, i dont think he would have to just tilt him but fun to think about, the bluffs were awesome
Old 03-01-2007, 02:36 PM

It is not genius. For a supposed professional to act that way was amateurish at best. It shows serious character flaws. If anyone feels that accusatorial comments are the way to gain an edge in poker, you are not long for the game. What happens the next time this numbnuts does the same thing -- if he is 'genuis' to try it again?
Old 03-01-2007, 06:12 PM

I think Prahlad Friedman is an excellent poker player, and for the most part I enjoy watching him play, but he definitely crossed the line with Lisandro, and he didn't let up even after it was discovered he was wrong. He should have been a better man and apologized and let it go.
Old 03-01-2007, 07:28 PM

The fact that neither of them got a penalty stunned me.
Old 03-01-2007, 09:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
are you kidding me or are you just blind? he was absolutely gloating like a buffoon.

[/ QUOTE ]

When did I say he wasn't gloating? When did I say anything that contradicts the fact that he was gloating? Seems like you're the blind one to me.
Old 03-01-2007, 09:24 PM

pok-er is fun...
for ev - ry - one