Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-21-2007, 02:52 PM

Default Re: I will mentor you for free

Jay - thanks for doing this

1. How you are currently improving your game

Watching cardrunners videos, reading the SSNL forum, reviewing my play, posting hands in SSNL and grunching hands( though not as often as I should).

I also recently tried to make a video and review it myself, but I'm having some trouble with camstudio so I need to figure that out.

Two post by sh58 have recently inspired me:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...part=1&vc=1
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...part=1&vc=1

So I also just moved down after a downswing and I'm trying to use that opportunity to learn how to win more non-showdown pots.

I play a bit everyday, maybe 10-15 hours per week on average.

I feel that I'm at a point on the learning curve where having a mentor would be very beneficial. However I don't have the bankroll to invest a $200 per hour coach at the moment

2. Your poker goals.

Short term (1-3 months: move back up to NL100 and beat it over >20k hands
Mid term (mid 2008): beat NL400 and be able to have a good additional income to my job
Long term (2009 or after): beat the high stakes, maybe try to go pro for a little while

In any case, my goal is to keep improving and become a better player

3. Your current stakes and past earnings

Just moved back down to NL50 after losing 20 buyins at NL100 over 22k hands. A lot of those losses was bad luck (ev is >15 buyins below), some of it was tilt (i.e. not playing my best game), but I have to admit that even my A game is not that good and that I need to retool it.

Otherwise I've moved up from NL10, and my stats are:

NL100 6max: -4ptbb/100 approx over 22k hands
NL100 heads up: 1.8ptbbb over 14000 hands
NL50: 5.8ptbb/100 over 24000 hands
NL25: 2.6 ptbb over 27000 hands
NL10 5.7 over 9000 hands

4. A few examples of good strategy posts you have made.

To be honest, I don't consider any of my strategy posts to be good. I guess I need to learn how to think/ express my thoughts in poker.

5. A little about yourself.

I'm 23. I moved from Europe to the USA a couple years ago, to get an engineering degree (masters). So I have a good analytic/math background. Now I have a job here as an analyst.

I should be able to help with the website. In the past I have played a bit with html/php/content management systems. Nothing really transcendent, but I should be able to give a hand.

I think I have the right attitude to join this group, and I would be really happy to be chosen.

I will make sure to give back to the community/twoplustwo once I have improved sufficiently.

PS. I'm taking some time off the internet for Thanksgiving, until next Monday.

Thanks for reading!

edit: it's funny you mention those two posts in your OP as examples of good thinking/attitude, as I've taken a look at the MSNL forums recently and also thought they were pretty good/inspiring posts